Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Detroit Lions have the best record in football!

hawaii thr22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,104 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

Good point about the squeaker, I guess I'm just a little spoiled and being behind at any point just doesn't feel right. :)

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,622 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

I'm most concerned about the Packers defense. This is a game where Green Bay pretty much outplayed Minnesota all day, and yet at the end of the game the Vikings were never out of it.

So far, Green Bay has been getting away with this because they have been clicking on offense... but I worry what happens when they play a good team that has a strong defense and then something doesn't click and they need a defensive stop to get through the game.

It's hard to poo-poo the last undefeated team in the league! But... if I were a Packers fan, I would be biting my nails a little in anticipation of what happens when their backs are against the wall and they need a defensive stop.

As for Detroit... I really hope this isn't the start of the wheels coming off... and Stafford might be injured too? I hope they don't fade away... but 2 losses at home in a row... Detroit fans should be a little bit concerned at this point since they haven't yet played the Packers and they are already 2 games back in their division... it could get worse in a hurry if they don't right the ship.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#103 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

I agree Stewart. They allowed way to many 3rd down conversions. So many, the Vikings actually contemplated going for it on 4th and 10.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#104 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

Stewart,

I know what you mean. I'm watching the Packers D give up many yards. And sometimes, like today, more points thank I'd like.

McCarthy always talks about improving. We are 4/5/6 and 0, yet "we need to continue to improve." Continue to get better.

And I think the Packers are missing Cullen Jenkins more than they expected. He was a big part of an awesome front the Packers had in the playoffs last year. I'm hoping when Neal finally gets to play we'll have that again. And won't that be scary for other teams... :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#105 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,622 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:41 AM

I was just looking at the schedule... and for the most part Green Bay is probably good for the rest of the season. I'm not guaranteeing run-the-table good... but they really don't have any "complete" teams left to play.

Detroit and the Giants might be the best two defensive teams left on the schedule... and those two teams also happen (fortunately for the Packers) to be teams that have some offensive issues.

I think back to the first game against New Orleans... and how Green Bay outscored the Saints basically... and it seems to me that since then, the Saints are slowly getting a little better on defense (not great, but better)... whereas the Packers are seeming pretty much the same to me on defense.

So the Saints would scare me in a rematch in the playoffs. IF Harbaugh keeps the 49ers on track the whole season, then they would REALLY scare me if they keep going the way they are, because they have a solid defense and their offense is improving as the season goes.

Detroit has fallen back a little now, so I wouldn't fear them in the same way I would have a couple of weeks ago.

On the AFC side... New England has a poor defense but their offense is in league with Green Bay... and the Ravens are like the flip of that... the offense is ok but the defense is really good. The Ravens might really be a problem for the Packers IF it comes to that in the Super Bowl.

All things considered... it's probably a good year in some ways to be weak on defense... since there aren't a lot of powerhouse teams... but it still makes me a little nervous.

I look at my Panthers... and truth be told... they have had more than enough offense to be 5-2 instead of the 2-5 they are! But the Panthers have way less defense than the Packers... so you see how that works out!

If you really look at the Packers final scores... they are undefeated, but could easily have dropped about half of their games if things went just a little bit askew... not the fault of the offense, but that's because they have been playing near perfect, and odds are against them continuing to be perfect week to week.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#106 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,870 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

Closed at the thread starter's request.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...