Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cost for upgrading a 612 to 622/722...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MenacingLlama

MenacingLlama

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Dish Network (coming over from Time Warner Cable), and have been browsing the forums for a couple of weeks -- however, I can't seem to find an answer to my question regarding the cost of upgrading a 612 to a 622/722. Here's my question:

My service started on 9/30/2011, and I have a 722k as my primary receiver, and a 612 as my secondary, and I would like to upgrade the 612 to a 622/722 in order to have picture-in-picture capabilities for sporting events. I chatted online with a support rep this morning, and he stated that I'd have to pay an additional $100, plus $17 more for the upgrade, as well as have a technician come to my house. Is this accurate? Seems like a bit of a crock to me if so...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

(And yes, I did post a similarly-worded, yet unrelated question in the General area -- same rep gave me two answers that didn't sound right)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

I would be happy to assist you. Each situation is different so I can't give you the exact options available without looking at your account. Would you provide your account information to me in a PM so I can review your options. Thanks.

#3 OFFLINE   MenacingLlama

MenacingLlama

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

I would be happy to assist you. Each situation is different so I can't give you the exact options available without looking at your account. Would you provide your account information to me in a PM so I can review your options. Thanks.

Certainly, will be sending a PM in just a minute.

#4 OFFLINE   slickshoes

slickshoes

Legend

• Registered
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hang tight just a while longer, Xip series receivers will hopefully be coming sooner than later..

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

Hang tight just a while longer, Xip series receivers will hopefully be coming sooner than later..

Don't hold your breath - it will be just one model XiP813, perhaps we will see it next year - so far, no one get solid info about it, its guts, time frame, etc.

spam firewall