Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blockbuster Streaming, VIP722

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

You should see over 5000 movies in the Blockbuster Movie Pass (3) choice. This is what our 722k receiver shows when I access the BBMP. If you are only seeing 41 movies, all the titles have not been updated on your receiver. What software version do you have? Please let me know. Thanks.

I sure hope Dish is working on something because right now I have a total of 39 movies listed through BBMP menu item on my 722k. On the plus side, at least it takes a lot less time to scroll to the titles that start with letter Z.

I cleared filters, just no content other than those 39 titles. Call me naive but I would have expected a better roll out of a new offering from Dish. This whole experience has been pretty pathetic and I hope Dish is rightly embarrassed.

Oh wait! In the time it took me to write this message I'm all the way up to 41 titles! I guess it will be caught up sometime in 2017 at this rate so I guess I'm good.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

It seems like every time I look it is a suprise.

Last night I saw over 700 titles, and they were all free.

Now, I looked and saw 3009 titles, but none of them were free. I looked again a minute later and all 3009 are free.

Go figure.
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#43 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

It seems like every time I look it is a suprise.

Last night I saw over 700 titles, and they were all free.

Now, I looked and saw 3009 titles, but none of them were free. I looked again a minute later and all 3009 are free.

Go figure.

That's exactly it! You never know what you're going to find day to day or even hour to hour.

I had thousands of titles available until yesterday when it dropped to 41. This morning it's back to thousands. DOL works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't (usually doesn't). Every issue I have is with the 722k.

I appreciate DIRT being part of this forum but Dish just needs to get their act together and fix whatever this problem is. It's just ridiculous to be going on this long for a company like Dish. Again, call me naive but I expect more from Dish than what we have now. IMO, this add on service should be free in its current state.

Now I see 5,188 titles, none of them are free when pressing the * button on the remote although I know many of them are. I'll assume Dish will fix this at some point. Hope is all we have.

#44 OFFLINE   clotter

clotter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

My take on Blockbuster streaming is much as others have already said here. The Dish interface sucks hard. The PC interface is much better. My 1.5 internet won't stream anything from the Dish receiver (it must download) and the streaming stutters terribly on my laptop.

My comparison of Blockbuster to Netflix:

Blockbuster Dish interface - Grade D
Blockbuster streaming to Dish - Grade F - Grade A once it's downloaded
Blockbuster streaming to PC - Grade D
Blockbuster Blu-ray shipped Monday, have not received new disc, should be here Friday. Grade C
Blockbuster Blu-ray in stock - Grade D

Netflix PS3 interface - Grade B
Netflix streaming to PS3 - Grade B
Netflix streaming to PC - Grade B
Netflix Blu-ray shipped Monday, have new disc on Wednesday. Grade A
Netflix Blu-ray in stock - Grade A

I'm going to hold off for another month perhaps, but my feelings are that I'm going to keep Netflix streaming, drop Netflix disc rental, and use Blockbuster for disc rental even though the return service is slow and the availability of stock is much poorer than Netflix.

#45 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

And there's the four little squarish dot Streaming Meter that appears between the header and the aspect pop up. Love the idea, but @ four dots, I trust that a dot = 2.5 on the scale to 10? Is it accurate or just for show?

#46 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

Very hard to search through the list. One simple suggestion I have is to implement the numbered remote control buttons like on the recorded programs list for the DVR.

Movies are alphabetical. I hit a 5 on the remote, and it could jump to L. I hit an 8 and maybe it goes to T. Etc.

Also need movie title search capability someday too.

#47 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Very hard to search through the list. One simple suggestion I have is to implement the numbered remote control buttons like on the recorded programs list for the DVR.

Movies are alphabetical. I hit a 5 on the remote, and it could jump to L. I hit an 8 and maybe it goes to T. Etc.

Also need movie title search capability someday too.

A big +1 on this. 3000+ movies to scroll through 5 at a time. I have VUDU, Netflix, CinemaNow and have never thought that there was a problem finding what I want. Or even just browsing to see what they have. Very rarely does one go to a listing like this "knowing" what they what. It's a "browsing" thing. The first time I saw this list, I thought what a disaster. Plus DISH has never been good with GUI's.

And I have seen the listing of 5000+ movies once. Since it's only 3000. Looks like that will be a crap shoot too.

#48 OFFLINE   AVJohnnie

AVJohnnie

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

You should see over 5000 movies in the Blockbuster Movie Pass (3) choice. This is what our 722k receiver shows when I access the BBMP. If you are only seeing 41 movies, all the titles have not been updated on your receiver. What software version do you have? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi Ray - I have two 622 DVRs and so far I do not seem to have this feature enabled - at least I can't find it in any of the menu displays. My DISH On Demand Menu #3 shows as DISH Platinum. Can you tell me if this is correct for my receivers and when/if Movie Pass will be available on the 622s?

Thanks,

John

Two ViP622s - DPP-44 - Three Dish500s: #1 (110°/119° - Twin), #2 (61.5° - Dual), #3 (129° - Dual)

#49 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

What I don't understand is why some of the movies listed under BBMP still cost $$. I thought the point of integrating it was to have a large library of movies to stream for free. The PPV movies should not be allowed into this list, it's just misleading.

Also, my 722k also has issues where sometimes it will show 0 results, others 5k or more. It's very intermittent. Software version L690

#50 OFFLINE   jeepsandjets

jeepsandjets

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

In the last software up date now, able to stream with the 612 dvr. But on my 1.5m DSL movies stall and buffers. sucks.... As far as the movies choice it seems to me that the free ones are the movies that have played on my subscribed channel at one time or another.

I am asking if any one has streamed on DSL with out stalled and buffering movies or I just have to wait for the thing to download and watch later.

Also I will not drop my Netflix What ever Bit Rate Netflix uses, picture is good and streams to my LG Tv or computer or WII box with out any stalls or buffering on 1.5m DSL

When I checked there is different inventory on the BBMP and Netflix. And I will keep my Netflix 1 DVD mail to get some newer titles that are not available except at the rental stores. Netflix still rules. I would not pay the BBMP except it gives me about 10 Hi deff additional channels so OK deal and I'll deal with the streaming issues I figure it will get better. Anyway nice to see it on the 612 DVR

Hummm as a after thought if I had a fast internet like cable I would most likely have cable TV and no need for Satellite. Dish really needs to stream to 1.5m DSL as it is the most common in rural areas. Unless the BBMP is geared for Computer streaming or smart TV. I wonder where their priority is. Maybe they get enough monies from their Satellite people and are shopping for another market income.
roger

#51 OFFLINE   sfatula

sfatula

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

I was able to stream SD easily, HD, not so much. I just download it an hour or so before, 30 minutes is usually more than enough. I have 15MBPS download speed.
Steve
Zen Cart Consulting, osCommerce, Magento

#52 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

I was able to stream SD easily, HD, not so much. I just download it an hour or so before, 30 minutes is usually more than enough. I have 15MBPS download speed.

That's pretty much my experience now also---but sometimes I do have to download for a lot longer for HD movies

Sure would be nice if they could straighten out the daily deleting of downloaded 'MY RENTALS' each night when the system updates. For those movies that take a long time to download it's a PITA when I can't watch them prior to them disappearing

btw-I have a 722k running L690

#53 OFFLINE   sfatula

sfatula

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

I have L688 on the 722k. Had hoped L690 would fix that, guess not. Oh well, it is a bother, but, I guess I'll have to work around it for a while then.

Looks like I will get 8 discs "by mail" in my first month. Some of the by mail are exchanges in the local store. I could actually do more than 8, but, just don't have the time.
Steve
Zen Cart Consulting, osCommerce, Magento

Protected By... spam firewall...And...