Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

When will the 622 be discontinued?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jimb

jimb

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

My swapped out VIP622's HDMI port is bad just like the one I had before it. It started working by pulling the HDMI cable out part way and now that quit working also. I even purchased a brand new HDMI cable to make sure but same problem persists. I keep having to use the component cable. If I call it in I'll be stuck with another 622 which will probably go out again. Wondering how much longer they will keep shipping out refurbished 622's?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,604 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

As far as I know they haven't made any new 622 receivers in quite a while... but as long as they can refurbish them, there's really nothing that stops these receivers from being good DVRs for most customers.

The 622 and 722 are mostly the same except for a chip or two more recent in the 722... so there's no obvious reason to stop using refurb 622 receivers that I can think of.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

As far as I know they haven't made any new 622 receivers in quite a while... but as long as they can refurbish them, there's really nothing that stops these receivers from being good DVRs for most customers.

The 622 and 722 are mostly the same except for a chip or two more recent in the 722... so there's no obvious reason to stop using refurb 622 receivers that I can think of.

Another big difference...

622's take a lifetime to reboot. Its killer on CSR average handle time >.<

#4 OFFLINE   fwampler

fwampler

Legend

• Registered
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

My swapped out VIP622's HDMI port is bad just like the one I had before it. It started working by pulling the HDMI cable out part way and now that quit working also. I even purchased a brand new HDMI cable to make sure but same problem persists. I keep having to use the component cable. If I call it in I'll be stuck with another 622 which will probably go out again. Wondering how much longer they will keep shipping out refurbished 622's?

My HDMI went out after a while. I just went to Component and no more problems. Sometimes it is best not to fight the system and this is one of them. The HDMI from my 3D DVD still works fine and that works out great. It is more needed there anyway.
Fred

#5 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:01 AM

Seems like HDMI connections are vulnerable to stress due to the weight of the cable pulling on the connector. After reading about many problems with HDMI connections I made a loop of cable and secured it so the connector plugs pretty much straight into the device and has no weight pulling on it. So far it's worked fine on all my receivers and TVs.

That said, once in a great while I'll have a problem with the handshake between receiver and TV at startup. Shutting everything off and starting over fixes it.

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,868 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

You don't need to shut off all components - reconnect the HDMI cable, it will initiate the negotiation process better way.

Edited by P Smith, 15 October 2011 - 11:56 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:39 PM

I use P Smith's method on my HD Tivo.

Sometimes when I switch inputs on my Sanyo LCD TVfrom my 211 to the Tivo HD, the Tivo Hdmi does not sync with the TV so I just pull the HDMI plug and re-insert it and it has never failed to correct the problem.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...