Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Accessing HD receiver with SD card or some other option?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lerry1957

lerry1957

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hello all, I recently opened an account with Directv and have one HD receiver and one standard receiver(got screwed out of the second HD receiver I needed, anyways long story). Like I was saying I have one HD receiver and one standard receiver which both have been recently activated. I have two other HD receivers I had with Directv from a couple years ago. I moved and took them with me. Is there any way I can use the access card I have now in the standard receiver and use it in one of my old HD receivers I have? If not what options do I have concerning these HD receivers I have from a couple years ago? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

Access cards are linked to receivers, so it is not possible to use the access card from one receiver on a different receiver.

As long as you owned the old HR receivers and your account was in good standing when you deactivated the receivers, there should be no problem having those reactivated. Depending on how old they are, DirecTV might send you new access cards for them before they can be reactivated, but you should be able to reactivate those receivers.

#3 OFFLINE   lerry1957

lerry1957

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

I don't know whether I own them or not. I subscribed to Directv in the Pittsburgh area approx. 4 years ago and used it for probably about 2 years. I thought I remember them saying it was mine after a year agreement was fulfilled but it seems I remember a representative telling me I wasn't suppose to take it when I moved? I moved it with me because I thought their advertisements said to take receiver to transfer service to your next address but ended up renting and moving twice since. When I opened this account recently they didn't have record or didn't mention the receivers? Anyways any suggestions. Thanks...

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

Your going to have to call Directv to activate the old receivers. So make the call and get the answers from them.

spam firewall