Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV and Cinema device: not working

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rickeame

rickeame

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

I have MRV and installed the new cinema device. The DVR recognized it, and I set about setting it up. That's where the fun starts. Sporadically, the DVR will forget that thing even exists, and then it will completely disable MRV so that I have to reboot all of the receivers. I finally took the stupid wireless adapter out of the rotation so that MRV would work, but we really would like the on demand to work.

Any thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,981 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Might help to hear a bit more about what you're using.

"First pass" suggests things in this thread might help: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=185688
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   rickeame

rickeame

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

HR24 DVR, the new Cinema Connection Kit, and MRV enabled. First, I think it's WEIRD that having MRV kills the ethernet -- that's a strange design. But anyway, I have it connected via the coax as per the instructions and it just keeps forgetting it's there and prompts me to set it up repeatedly.

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,981 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

HR24 DVR, the new Cinema Connection Kit, and MRV enabled. First, I think it's WEIRD that having MRV kills the ethernet -- that's a strange design. But anyway, I have it connected via the coax as per the instructions and it just keeps forgetting it's there and prompts me to set it up repeatedly.

So what you mean is you're using the coax networking [DECA], and yes if you plug in a ethernet cable, you disable the DECA.
Now when you say "per the instructions", could you be more specific?
There are several ways in the booklet and a couple that aren't in the booklet, as it is a very flexible device.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   rickeame

rickeame

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

Method I am using:

Single LNB wire going into the Cinema device. Coax then from that device to the HR24. No Ethernet cables involved. Wait for HR24 to see it, set it up as a wireless device and connect it to the wireless network in the house. Works for a bit, then goes nuts.

Is it possible to connect it to the WIRED network in the house or is it ONLY wireless?

#6 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

Method I am using:

Single LNB wire going into the Cinema device. Coax then from that device to the HR24. No Ethernet cables involved. Wait for HR24 to see it, set it up as a wireless device and connect it to the wireless network in the house. Works for a bit, then goes nuts.

Is it possible to connect it to the WIRED network in the house or is it ONLY wireless?

Yes, you can use the Wireless Cinema Connection Kit on a WIRED network in the house using the ethernet port.

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,981 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Yes, you can use the Wireless Cinema Connection Kit on a WIRED network in the house using the ethernet port.

"Yep" but you'd better turn off the wireless first or you'll lock up your network.
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   rickeame

rickeame

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Okay -- I'm hoping that is a simple process....I'll give it a try tonight and see if it helps.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...