Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can't access 722k from iphone app

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

OK, this has been driving me crazy.
I have a 722k with a SLing adapter. When I use my DISH iphone app, it says my 722k is not connected. It gives me the page that says I need to go in and check the connection...blah, blah, blah.
The connection on the DVR is solid at the machine. I can get VOD etc. I get all the appropriate OKs. COnnection status is good. From the app I can even select a show from the grid and it will set a manual timer to record, but I can't see into the DVR at all. I have yet to do a full reboot, but this has been happening since before the last software update which forced a reboot.
So, why can't I see the 722k?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,585 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Same old problem we have been discussing for ages.

Sometimes the Dish Web site (or app) doesn't see the unit.

Sometimes you can wait a bit... other times you have to log out then log in again... other times you have to restart the app or your browser...

Assuming your internet connection is reliable (and it sounds like you have checked this already)... then there's little rhyme or reason to when it doesn't work from the Dish end of things.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

I think this goes beyond the reasons mentioned. I've logged out of the app, in fact, I even have a new phone and I still don't see the DVR.

I'm going to try a reboot, I guess, and work from there. Maybe I'll have to call DISH...

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

Are you able to view content from your receiver while at your home - PC or mobile device? Have you tried pressing the Reconnect button below the receiver icon while on dishonline.com or pressing the Refresh button if the receiver shows to be connected? You can try these 2 steps. Please let me know if you are still having problems.

Would you provide me your login information in a PM so I can test your account from our equipment here? Thanks.

I think this goes beyond the reasons mentioned. I've logged out of the app, in fact, I even have a new phone and I still don't see the DVR.

I'm going to try a reboot, I guess, and work from there. Maybe I'll have to call DISH...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...