Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722k OTA Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

I have a 722k with the OTA add on. I will be without a satellite signal for a few days because they are replacing my balcony and the dish will have to be disconnected.

Will I still be able to use my 722k during this time to view and record the channels that it picks up from the OTA add on?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Record yes, viewing may be more frustrating. Sometimes when there is no sat signal it's hard to get rid of the signal loss banner - not saying it's impossible, it's just frustrating. You will be able to record, and watch the recordings uninterrupted though.

#3 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, I just went through and reset all my timers to record the OTA signal instead. What a pain. I also deleted and sat signal timers so hopefully the receiver will never attempt to tune to a channel that requires the sat signal and I won't have to fight with the banner.

Now I have to figure out how to mount the dish after the new balcony is installed since I won't be able to drill in to it like we did with the old one. I'm hoping the guy who originally installed it will have a solution so I don't have to worry about it, but any advice would be appreciated.

#4 OFFLINE   722921

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

In my area, the OTA pic is better than the satellite anyway, so I prefer to record OTA when I can.
Hopper feeds the 73" Mitz WD-73640 3D DLP/1080p (and 19" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 1 feeds the 62" Mitz WD-62628 DLP/1080P (and 16" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 2 feeds the new 40" Specter LCD black friday special
Dish America Pkg

#5 OFFLINE   4bama

4bama

Godfather

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

During a rain fade event when all satellites are out and I get the signal-lost screen, I can use the menu button and select guide, then select an OTA station OK with my 622, so I would think the 722 would also work...

Since guide data may be missed while your dish is disconnected you may have inaccurate info for your OTA timers, but should be OK for the next few days after you disconnect the dish..

You can always use the menu when the dish is out, and that allows OTA channel selection or selecting recorded DVR programs....all work fine without a dish connected on my 622..
Dish 622 DVR, B'ham locals via Dish, Montgomery locals OTA, Winegard on 70' tower + CM7777 preamp

#6 OFFLINE   Tulsa1

Tulsa1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

Don't let it reboot without a dish.
I don't think it would be operational.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...