Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

So is anyone watching this season? So far it seems like the drama-less teams are making this a boring season. No one to root for.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,078 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

This season seems like it's loaded with dumb people. Ironically, the team who many would think were dumb, seem to be one of the stronger and smarter teams...the snowboarders. The Asian American girl and her fiance (husband) is a a control freak. Something tells me she's going to have a break down.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,216 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

I like the snowboarders, they get along great.

The twins, well :)

The brother and sister team, ugh. I can't believe how rude she is, she can be downright mean to her brother.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#4 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

So is anyone watching this season? So far it seems like the drama-less teams are making this a boring season. No one to root for.

I'm watching, Jody ... and you're right about the drama. Oh well, at least we get to see all of the scenery in HD.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#5 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

You're right about suppositions--I wasn't sure about the snowboarders either, but being aware (reading signs) can be more important than intelligence in this game. Or just plain old luck is always good! :D

I was glad that Ethan and Jenna were ousted, but I don't really dislike most of the rest. I hope the sister watches the show and sees how poorly she looks as she berates her brother. She just seems angry all the time, and that hasn't been a winning trait in prior seasons. I like about 3 teams in particular but would be okay so far with almost any team winning.

#6 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

I don't think it was fair that Ethan and Jenna were even allowed on the race. I mean cmon other than for ratings what did they need to be there for. Between them both, unless they've blown it all, they're worth at least 2 million. Just like several seasons ago when Rob and Amber were on, and then he has been on Survivor how many more times? CBS has a way of trying to promote someone so much that they become annoying.

Scott I know what you mean about the twins.

The snowboarders are a great team, laid back, calm, cool, collected. Just like a couple cowboys I know (sorry had to drop that one there). LOL.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#7 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,041 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:52 AM

I like the snowboarders, they get along great.

The brother and sister team, ugh. I can't believe how rude she is, she can be downright mean to her brother.

We like the snowboarders as well. Reminds us of the hippies that won a few seasons ago.

Does anyone think the brother reminds you of the "we're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe" guy from Beverly Hills Cop?

One of these days I am going to be able to embed one of these things. :(

I don't think it was fair that Ethan and Jenna were even allowed on the race. Between them both, unless they've blown it all, they're worth at least 2 million.

Except for those pesky taxes which took close to half of that. Unless your name is Richard Hatch. :lol:

7e3TYKOVCM0

Edited by Scott Kocourek, 21 October 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   yogi

yogi

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

I don't think it was fair that Ethan and Jenna were even allowed on the race. I mean cmon other than for ratings what did they need to be there for. Between them both, unless they've blown it all, they're worth at least 2 million. Just like several seasons ago when Rob and Amber were on, and then he has been on Survivor how many more times? CBS has a way of trying to promote someone so much that they become annoying.

Scott I know what you mean about the twins.

The snowboarders are a great team, laid back, calm, cool, collected. Just like a couple cowboys I know (sorry had to drop that one there). LOL.

Is that a new rule. If you have money, you can't be on the show. Even if your a cancer Survivor.
I like the snowboaders and the twins:)

#9 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

Is that a new rule. If you have money, you can't be on the show. Even if your a cancer Survivor.

I like the snowboaders

Ummm..... Do you think Olympic snowboarders don't have money?

Look at Andy's website and Tommy's record:

* 2007: Grand Prix Overall Champion
* 2006: 1st at Lake Placid World Cup, 2nd in �07
* 2002: 6th at Olympics
* 2005: 1st at Breckenridge Grand Prix
* 2005: 2nd at World Superpipe Championships
* 2003: Arctic Challenge Invitee
* 2003: Big Bear Triple Crown winner
* 16 World Cup top-3s, (six wins)
* 2002: Triple Crown Champion

You think these guys don't have endorsements? They are professional snowboarders. I would guess they make enough from prize money and endorsements to make what Ethan and Jenna won on Survivor look like peanuts.

#10 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,078 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

Herd, I believe yogi was being sarcastic and forgot a question mark. It appears he was sarcastically saying, "You shouldn't be allowed to be on if you have money? That's silly."
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#11 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

I don't think so, yogi. CBS has been sprinkling previous contestants (allstars) on a number of shows, such as TAR, BB and Survivor. I can only imagine that they feel it's important for their ratings.

FWIW most, if not all networks, do it to some extent.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#12 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

Herd, I believe yogi was being sarcastic and forgot a question mark. It appears he was sarcastically saying, "You shouldn't be allowed to be on if you have money? That's silly."

I think you may be right. My bad for not reading it closely enough.

#13 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,078 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

I think you may be right. My bad for not reading it closely enough.

;) It's all good. It's hard to catch sarcasm online.

#14 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

;) It's all good. It's hard to catch sarcasm online.

Not if you have the right font installed...... :lol:.

And while I realize that all shows have some potential for some type of "allstar" cast, CBS does it more than most and that's just a little annoying to me. Just a personal opinion so if I stepped over a line somewhere back there I apologize.

#15 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

We like the snowboarders as well. Reminds us of the hippies that won a few seasons ago.

That's exactly what my daugher said - and the hippies are her Favorite Team Ever. They struck me as 'the hippies' but a little less in the charm and energy departments..

Like, I don't see the snowboarders yelling "Crazy gaijin (foreigner) coming through!" in Japanese while biking through Tokyo. Just something about the hippies extra energy and attitude (like in Dubai or Qatar) that made me REALLY like them.

#16 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,216 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

Does anyone think the brother reminds you of the "we're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe" guy from Beverly Hills Cop?

One of these days I am going to be able to embed one of these things. :(

Except for those pesky taxes which took close to half of that. Unless your name is Richard Hatch. :lol:

7e3TYKOVCM0

Herdfan, I edited your post to embed your YouTube video. Click on edit and see how I did it.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#17 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

Ok, the finale was last night. My daughter and her friend are very unhappy about the conclusion. They maintain that:

1) Ernie and Cindy should have been penalized in Episode 9 when they lost their train tickets and rode essentially rode on the train for free.

2) Ernie/Cindy and Amani/Marcus should not have been allowed to check in at the conclusion of Episode 11 because they never solved the clue as to the location. Instead, Jeremy/Cindy's (who figured out the clue) cab driver called the other cab drivers and told them where to go. The kids thinks was was cheating. I am not so sure it was cheating, but probably beyond what the show expected for that leg.

Thoughts?

#18 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Ok, the finale was last night. My daughter and her friend are very unhappy about the conclusion. They maintain that:

1) Ernie and Cindy should have been penalized in Episode 9 when they lost their train tickets and rode essentially rode on the train for free.

Ernie and Cindy did not ride the train for free. They paid for their tickets so the train company received payment for the seats they occupied.

#19 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Cabbies calling each other .. luck of the draw. Can't assign penalty IMHO, but I do think it would take away from what you might call a "clean run" in the show.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#20 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,297 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

i found it fairly hilarious that there was another The Dump. I'm sure the people there were wondering what was going on. That and Home Field advantage can mean squat in a race like that.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...