Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox / Newscorp channels possibly suspended Nov. 1/Now resolved

• Please log in to reply
1257 replies to this topic

#1021 OFFLINE   camo

camo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

The only thing I'll miss is Arizona State football, and probably basketball eventually. Everything else can be found by other means...

If they remove the channel FSArizona next weekends ASU game is on Versus. After that there is a ESPN game on 11-25. You might be able to pickup a Comcast feed in-between from another region if you have the sports package.

2-HR24-500
SWM Slimline Dish, MRV Ethernet, media share
70" Sharp AQUOS LC70LE640U
55"LG LH90, 47"JVC LCD's 32" Vizio plasma.
Onkyo SR876 SR receiver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1022 OFFLINE   nitty316

nitty316

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

I’ll never understand why companies when going through these types of battles run ad campaigns to point the finger at the other side.

I’m sure it’s effective because they wouldn’t do them, but it really pisses me off because there isn’t a damn thing I can do about it. Unfortunately, cancelling DirecTV is not an option for me.

#1023 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

So, you believe Fox's propaganda sites, but not DirecTV's? :lol:

There's three sides to every story. There's one side (Fox), there's the other (DirecTV), and then there's the truth.

Look do i have to tell everyone again ! I have looked at all the sides like I have said in earlier post ! I have been a Directv customer since 1995 so don't act like my facts are wrong . Just read them and fact check them then post .

#1024 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

Fox would love to leave the channels up. They would just string along the negotiations until Fox News and the Fox locals are up for renegotiation, then include them all in on one deal which would give Fox the upper hand and most of the power.

Instead, Directv threatens to drop the channels, which gives Directv an upper hand in negotiations now and, most importantly, keeps Fox from combining all the channels in one deal later.

I'm not happy about losing some channels I watch, but I fully support Directv for doing this.

Hey Koolaid !

#1025 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Look do i have to tell everyone again ! I have looked at all the sides like I have said in earlier post ! I have been a Directv customer since 1995 so don't act like my facts are wrong . Just read them and fact check them then post .

Where are you fact checking? Unless it's with those in the negotiations, then you're just getting propaganda and spin from both sides.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#1026 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

Where did you find the facts about the truth or falsehood of each sides argument? If you have sources about the details of these contracts, please share them with the rest of us?
DogLover

My Setup

#1027 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

The main thing I'm saying is we the customer should not hear about this ! It's the cost of doing business . Fox is not charging anymore than any other provider . Directv has over charged all of us for years without this latest crap they are pulling . But we the 50 million customers always get screwed ! If any little thing goes up on any product we the customer always get screwed not the big companies .

#1028 OFFLINE   riprecked

riprecked

Mentor

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

The main thing I'm saying is we the customer should not hear about this ! It's the cost of doing business . Fox is not charging anymore than any other provider . Directv has over charged all of us for years without this latest crap they are pulling . But we the 50 million customers always get screwed ! If any little thing goes up on any product we the customer always get screwed not the big companies .

If you dislike Directv so much, then switch to Dish or cable. Pretty simple solution. As the customer, you can switch.

For the rest of us, we understand this is typical marketing games, just like every other provider has been through. There is a lot of $$ in play, so they are all playing dirty.

#1029 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

Where did you find the facts about the truth or falsehood of each sides argument? If you have sources about the details of these contracts, please share them with the rest of us?

You can find out as much as any of us screwed over consumers in the U.S.A. on the internet . I'm not in bed with the big companies like some of you are . I'm just another middle class sucker having to pay out my ass for every little thing !!

#1030 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

If you dislike Directv so much, then switch to Dish or cable. Pretty simple solution. As the customer, you can switch.

For the rest of us, we understand this is typical marketing games, just like every other provider has been through. There is a lot of $$ in play, so they are all playing dirty.

Remember both parties need each other as well. A deal will get done eventually because DirecTV doesn't want customers to flock to cable or DISH, and News Corp. needs that hefty monthly revenue from DirecTV.

#1031 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Boy why didn't I think of that ? Unreal man ! Because Directv has the monopoly on the NFL Sunday Ticket and basically MLB . You no the company you think is so fair and great !

#1032 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

The main thing I'm saying is we the customer should not hear about this !

Then stop reading about it.

It's the cost of doing business . Fox is not charging anymore than any other provider .

Proof?

Directv has over charged all of us for years without this latest crap they are pulling .

I'm not sure you're aware, but that's how businesses make money. If we weren't charged more than what a company needs, then they'd never make money.

But we the 50 million customers always get screwed ! If any little thing goes up on any product we the customer always get screwed not the big companies .

Big companies fail, too.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#1033 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

You can find out as much as any of us screwed over consumers in the U.S.A. on the internet . I'm not in bed with the big companies like some of you are . I'm just another middle class sucker having to pay out my ass for every little thing !!

Yes, I can find out as much as any customer. However, I don't believe that the details of a confidential contract between two companies can be found on the Internet. (If you have found this information for Fox and DIRECTV, please provide a link for all of us to be better informed.)

You have made the claim that you have fact checked and can tell what is truth and what is propaganda in this dispute. (Have I misunderstood your posts?) If that is true, it would be helpful for all of us to have access to your facts and sources.
DogLover

My Setup

#1034 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

Boy why didn't I think of that ? Unreal man ! Because Directv has the monopoly on the NFL Sunday Ticket and basically MLB . You no the company you think is so fair and great !

No, they don't. Other companies have the MLB package. Also, that's not what a monopoly is. An exclusive deal isn't a monopoly.

#1035 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

An exclusive deal isn't a monopoly.

Of course it is. It doesn't have to be illegal for it to be a monopoly.

#1036 OFFLINE   georule

georule

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

Fox says Directv has paid the same price for almost 10 years.

Where is that on Fox's site? I couldn't find it.
LR(non-CE): HR44, Mits 65C9; Office/FR (CE): HR22-100 + AM21, Mits 60737 + Mits 3DA1 3D adapter. Spare bedroom (non-CE), HR23. Genie WHDVR, wireless networking (yay!)

#1037 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

Of course it is. It doesn't have to be illegal for it to be a monopoly.

I thought about it, you're right. My problem was I considered a monopoly as an automatic illegal thing.

#1038 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

No, they don't. Other companies have the MLB package. Also, that's not what a monopoly is. An exclusive deal isn't a monopoly.

The NFL SUNDAY TICKET IS THE MONOPOLY ! That is why I said basically the MLB also I know I can get the MLB online or on apple tv . It's just easier to have it all from one fair source without having to separate everything .

#1039 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

...That is why I said basically the MLB also I know I can get the MLB online or on apple tv . It's just easier to have it all from one fair source without having to separate everything .

Cable's iNDemand has EI, too.

#1040 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Where is that on Fox's site? I couldn't find it.

Have you read keepmynets and the forum on there site ? and Google the subject .

spam firewall