Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722K / 222K Distribution questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jr_2

jr_2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

First, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize! Long time lurker, and now I have some questions of my own, here is my current setup.

1 722k connected to TV with HDMI only.
1 222k connected to TV with HDMI only.

I want to break this down Barney-style so that I can get everything understood as simple as possible. :)

I wish to run all my wiring to a structured wiring closet. So from what I understand, this is what I have to do.

Satellite Dish has 2 RG6 wires, run those to SWC(structured wiring closet).
Those 2 RG6 wires are currently connected to a Dish Network Separator each.
From each separator, two wires go to each receiver, for dual mode channel watching.

Here is what I would like to happen.

722k receiver - connect 4 tvs to it
222k receiver - connect 4 tvs to it

I would like to have the best possible video quality to all tvs, but i dont want to spend a fortune doing that. So can someone help me break this down to what i need to get and how to set this up properly? All the wiring is not done yet, I am doing that with RG6. Please let me know if there is any additional information you need! All tvs are hdtv.

Thank you for your help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jr_2

jr_2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

More information and breakdown:

722k -
TV1 - Connected via HDMI to HDMI-splitter to 722k
TV2 - Connected to HDMI splitter from TV1
TV3 - ?
TV4 - ?

222k -
TV1 - Connected via HDMI to 222k.
TV2 - ? connect via rca cable to 222k (or would using coax have same quality?)
TV3 - ?
TV4 - ?

What kind of remotes would i have to use for this setup for each tv since they are some distance away and walls are in the way? Again, any help is appreciated, thank you!

#3 OFFLINE   neomaine

neomaine

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

Well, if you don't mind the same content on all the same 722 TVs and the same content on the all the 222 TVs...

- Use a powered four way HDMI splitter from the receiver
- Four HDMI to CAT5e/6 adapters from the splitter
- Run your CAT5e/6 to each of the rooms
- One more adapter at each TV (or at the wall, whatever's easier)
- HDMI to each of the TVs

Everything you need can be found at Monoprice. I know this works one to one, never tried one to four. i.e. No idea how HDCP will work after the splitter.

The only thing I have that's close for experience is using a splitter from my son's Xbox360 out to two HDMIs, one for his monitor and one for a Black Magic card in his PC to capture game footage.

#4 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

I have a 622 and a 722 set up this way:

Coax from Home Distribution output from each receiver back to my wiring closet connected to a 3X8 video distribution panel. OTA antenna is also connect to the video distribution panel. On the receivers, set the modulators to different channels, for instance my 622 outputs on channels 30 and 33, while my 722 outputs on channels 36 and 39.

The 8 outputs on the video distribution panel each have access to the OTA Antenna (HD) and both tuners from each receiver (SD). Optionally you can put a receiver in dual mode and use the RF remote to have control of one tuner on the receiver.

#5 OFFLINE   jr_2

jr_2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for the replies! Neomaine, I think i will go with your suggestion, cat6 can be had cheaply and can be worked with easily, so thanks for the info!

How well do the UHF remotes work with the receivers? should i buy those, or use something else with IR, then use an ir extender from monoprice to send the signal to the receivers?

#6 OFFLINE   jr_2

jr_2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Question about resolution, some of the tvs will have different resolution, some 720 and the others 1080. so will they output to the lowest resolution or can you output to maximum resolutions with the splitters?

sorry about the questions, but here is one more. for an alternate installation, if i just went the cheap way and used coax on all the tvs, what would i need to do that?

#7 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

You set the output of the receiver to either 720 or 1080. The TV should scale what you send it to it's native resolution. They splitter shouldn't care which you chose.

The output from the video distribution panel I mentioned above is coax.

spam firewall