Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Tivo Series2 DVR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2002 - 05:02 PM

Very Nice, take a peek. :)
CLICK HERE
What ya think ? Want one ?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2002 - 10:02 AM

As I already have a SA TiVo series 1, I would not replace my system to a Series 2 for the list price of $399. Unless I could sell my old Series 1 for at least $200 (I don't have Lifetime sub on it).

The talk on the TiVo Forums is that there isn't impetus to get a new machine when it seems the only current feature that they like is the bigger hard drive and many have already upgraded their hard drives already.

Now if the unit was $200, I would grab one in a second.

But then again no one who has the Series 2 had given details as to what is better (the increased RAM and better CPU might make things a little better?

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2002 - 11:40 AM

I really don't read to much in the Tivo forums, but you reply has sparked another question.
Can you sell a lifetime sub ?
If I bought your Tivo, could you buy a Tivo Series2 and keep your lifetime sub, How does that work?

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2002 - 02:48 PM

The biggest consensus (and the agreement mostly backs this up, but I'm not a Lawyer :) ) has always been that the Lifetime sub belongs to MACHINE. So if the machine gets stolen a replacement would need a new Lifetime sub. Selling the same thing. People have been selling systems with Lifetime subs on EBAY and there hasn't been a backlash. I assume that the account of a lifetime subbed tivo just sits there and can be in "Lifetime Limbo" as it needs no maintenance forever as when the machine dials up it matches a lifetime account # and everything is fine.

But I have heard one or twice that with enough complaining people have gotten the lifetime subs migrated to their new equipment.

I would have a 2nd tivo possibly if they had Per Household account like DirectTivo, but I don't want to pay for 2 SA TiVo accounts.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2002 - 04:09 PM

That doesn't seem fair.
You would think the lifetime sub would belong to your address.
Guess it works for Tivo though. :D

spam firewall