Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL play-by-play on XM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pakrnut

pakrnut

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

I have a MiRGE radio that provides both Sirius and XM services. Unfortunately, the display is going bad and SiriusXM has sent me a replacement XM radio. My concern with using the new XM radio is losing the Sirius NFL play-by-play programming. When I look at the XM NFL play-by-play schedules, it typically shows the away team only available on an XM Internet channel. Is this correct? I could see the benefit of it being on XM Internet but only if it is also available on a regular XM channel on the sat radio.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

When you subscribe to the Best of Sirius on XM you get only one team's NFL feed (usually the home feed) except for the prime time Sunday games.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#3 OFFLINE   pakrnut

pakrnut

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

From what I have seen, that is not accurate. You receive both the home and away feeds. However, the 'away' feed does not appear to be available via the actual satellite radio - just via the internet. While a nice option, much harder to incorporate into a whole home AV system.

#4 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

Under Suspicion

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

And of course, the reverse is true regarding MLB Play-By-Play. I really don't know why they can't have every channel on both receivers. If it's truly one company, I want my MLB in my car! (I have a new Ford, so I was forced to switch to Sirius from XM after 10 years).
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA
Network+, Security+, All-around NiceGuy™

#5 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

It's all about the bandwidth. The Sirius and XM bands are NOT compatible. Well, the bands are, the scrambling/encryption systems aren't.

#6 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

And of course, the reverse is true regarding MLB Play-By-Play. I really don't know why they can't have every channel on both receivers. If it's truly one company, I want my MLB in my car! (I have a new Ford, so I was forced to switch to Sirius from XM after 10 years).

And or course no Fox Sports Radio on Sirius.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...