Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP722 HD/SD Channels in Guide

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   palerider

palerider

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:25 AM

My guide has always been set to show both HD and SD channels. I decided to change the Guide Format to show HD channels only. I went to Menu-8-1, selected HD Only under Channel Preferences, and saved the setting. However, when I look at my guide I still see both HD and SD channels. SD only channels are obviously not a problem. Additionally I set No under Banners. But the banners still show up on all channels that display them. My firmware version is L7.21.

I've tried undoing/redoing the settings several times and I've done several hard reboots. Nothing seems to work.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cpdretired

cpdretired

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

By selecting the HD only option is will filter out the SD version of the same channel. If there isn't a HD version of that channel you will still see the SD version. There is no way to filter out the bottom banners. For example when turning to the Speed channel you will see the bottom banner.
If you want to see HD only just select that in the guide display.

#3 OFFLINE   palerider

palerider

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:11 AM

By selecting the HD only option is will filter out the SD version of the same channel. If there isn't a HD version of that channel you will still see the SD version. There is no way to filter out the bottom banners. For example when turning to the Speed channel you will see the bottom banner.
If you want to see HD only just select that in the guide display.

That's the way I understood HD only to work . . . to filter out the SD version and to only show the HD version of the same channel. No HD version, SD shows in the guide. However, I have checked HD only in the guide display but I still see the HD and SD versions of the same channel (e.g. NBC and NBC HD are listed in the guide). It's the same for every other channel that has both HD and SD versions.

If there's no way to filter out the bottom banner, what then does No Banner do/mean in the guide display?

#4 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

If there's no way to filter out the bottom banner, what then does No Banner do/mean in the guide display?

It hides the demand events available to order at the bottom of the guide.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#5 OFFLINE   sliderbob

sliderbob

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hit GUIDE on your remote a few times and it will show "My HD Channels" and ONLY HD channels.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...