Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sling Box Finally Working

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   psaman

psaman

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

I must give Dish their due; it appears my accessing my 722k thru my sling adapter woes are finally over. I can access my DVR thru my android phone, desk top and lap top without the annoying "your receiver does not seem to be connected to the internet" messages. Just for giggles and grins, I checked and my software version is now L690.
One odd thing is that while checking my dvr thru dishonline, it now shows all the BBMP downloads that I have made and also how long I will be able to see them. But the "my rentals" box on my dvr is still empty. Maybe that fix is coming also.:grin:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,714 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

My first thought - someone with 922 got it straighten .. :)

#3 OFFLINE   jkane

jkane

Icon

• Registered
  • 695 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

Both our 722 and 922 work again too. But, this is not the first time it was broke and then fixed. Only time will tell if something was fixed, or just "rebooted" until it does it again. :rolleyes:
- Jeff
922, 722, 501.

#4 OFFLINE   psaman

psaman

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

I take it back. After working for a few days, everything is back to normal. DO says my DVr does not appear to connected to the internet, everything else to the contrary. It was good while it lasted............:nono:

#5 OFFLINE   Touchdown

Touchdown

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Still having the same issues here. Ughh..this is getting frustrating.

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,714 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

usually new technology for dish taking an year to make it works properly ... give it the time

#7 OFFLINE   Transplanted Yankee

Transplanted Yankee

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

One odd thing is that while checking my dvr thru dishonline, it now shows all the BBMP downloads that I have made and also how long I will be able to see them. But the "my rentals" box on my dvr is still empty. Maybe that fix is coming also.:grin:

I've downloaded a show which showed up in dishonline however within the "my rentals" box it only was their for one day, then disappeared. When it first displayed, it indicated I had like 29+ days remaining, so after one day it's gone.

#8 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

I've downloaded a show which showed up in dishonline however within the "my rentals" box it only was their for one day, then disappeared. When it first displayed, it indicated I had like 29+ days remaining, so after one day it's gone.

This is an issue with the "My Rentals" at this time. The nightly updates are erasing the events prematurely. We are hoping to have it fixed via a software update in the future. In the time being, you can view the events the same day of the download but they will not stay.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

#9 OFFLINE   Transplanted Yankee

Transplanted Yankee

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

Okay...Glad to know it's not the late night eyes playing tricks on me.

#10 OFFLINE   Dish97

Dish97

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

This is an issue with the "My Rentals" at this time. The nightly updates are erasing the events prematurely. We are hoping to have it fixed via a software update in the future. In the time being, you can view the events the same day of the download but they will not stay.

:nono2: Just don't screw things up. We don't need programs disappearing from the EHDs again.

spam firewall