Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Temporary solution?

directv iphone app bug

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,418 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

You read your agreement with directv, did you?

I keep up with it because so many DIRECTV subscribers don't and offer false statements about what is and isn't literally allowed.

The Customer Agreement has points that exclude tailgating (in the sense of packing up your home equipment and taking it to the game):
  • The mobile units clause (1g) says that mobile units cannot be part of a residential account.
  • The private viewing clause (1h) says that viewing must not be in areas open to the public and must be used for private home viewing.
The Equipment Lease Addendum used to include language that said that you can't "relocate" your receiver but that's gone as of August.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   pugluvr

pugluvr

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

The old non-HD receiver has an active card?

Yes, the card is active. It's hooked up to a non-hd tv that is hardly ever used. We just keep it there in case one of us wants to watch something while the main tv is occupied. It hardly ever happens.

Anyway, the joke was on me. The dish at the cabin was a Dish network dish.:rolleyes: It turned out we didn't have time to watch tv anyway. Spent most of our time fishing.

#23 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Yes, the card is active. It's hooked up to a non-hd tv that is hardly ever used. We just keep it there in case one of us wants to watch something while the main tv is occupied. It hardly ever happens.

Anyway, the joke was on me. The dish at the cabin was a Dish network dish.:rolleyes: It turned out we didn't have time to watch tv anyway. Spent most of our time fishing.

Bad day fishin' is better than a good day watchin' tv any day.

#24 OFFLINE   ddrumman2004

ddrumman2004

Legend

• Registered
  • 241 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

^^^^ This!

I was wondering why you would go rent a cabin for the weekend and then spend Saturday watching football.
Yes, I have a television that I watch from time to time.

#25 OFFLINE   pugluvr

pugluvr

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

Bad day fishin' is better than a good day watchin' tv any day.

A bad day fishin' is better than a good day doing about anything else!! And we actually had some great fishing.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...