Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No guide after Friday 10/28/11

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,253 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

After L7.50 downloaded (maybe 2 weeks ago) my sluggish, and sometimes incomplete guide issues went away.

Today, I'm sorry to report, one of those came back. My 722k's EPG only extended until tomorrow (Sat) night and I had to download a fresh copy of it.

The other problem (sluggish EPG response) has not come back to life, but in its place is a slight (barely noticeable) across-the-board delay - all functions. I can live with this, ...

... but it would be nice if Dish would permanently fix the Guide once and for all.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Happened again on my 722. Any DIRT member want to order me a new 722k?:sure:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#63 OFFLINE   JS_racer

JS_racer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Add me to the list too. Started possibly a month or two ago. This morning the guide was full and working well. Got home and turned the box on, no guide data for anything after the current hour. I have pulled the plug a few times, check switched a few times.
This sure is getting old fast. My box is a 722k with the antenna module, sling, and ehd. On 750 now
Any tips or ideas of what to try?

Thanks,
Joel

Edited by JS_racer, 02 February 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#64 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Happened again. Friday 2/10/2012 had less than two days on my 722. Thursday I had a full week+ of schedule.

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#65 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Just got a new (refurbished) replacement 722 and the thing with the guide happened a few days later. Missed some things during the day I wanted recorded because of it. I find that if I just leave the receiver on in the morning when I leave for work I can get it to record my shows. But it is really annoying when it does happen, especially if I want to find something on later in the evening.

#66 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

I forgot to add that the first time I noticed this happening (late last year in December), it was around the time that Dish put all those Holiday music stations (around station 90 or so). I also noticed that Dish now is also rearranging/adding some channels to the lineup. Not sure if there's some correlation with them rearranging the schedule and it not completely downloading or what, but they seem to happen around the same time.

#67 OFFLINE   beetle02

beetle02

Mentor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

The problem I'm having is when the guide updates it resets any manual changes I made to my timers.

#68 OFFLINE   JS_racer

JS_racer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Add a few more times for me, including today. does a new box fix the issue ??

#69 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Happened to me again last Sunday, had to manually update the guide.

#70 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

I forgot to post here. It happened to my 722 again on Monday.

My AV Setup

#71 OFFLINE   JS_racer

JS_racer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Ok, can't figure our boxes crapped at the same time. Software?

#72 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

Ok, can't figure our boxes crapped at the same time. Software?

Well, my 722 had a day-and-a-half guide again this morning.

Some of us provided info to the DIRT representatives here as it appears to be some kind of glitch in the firmware/software at the point when the Blockbuster stuff was added.

I must admit I'm beginning to worry as after I forced a guide update this morning I was confronted with this screen:

Posted Image

Since the menus were redesigned I have never had a blank "New Releases" area on the screen.

I guess at some point I'm going to have to move all my recorded content off my 722 onto an EHD, do a hard reboot, and hope for the best.

I really don't want to do that in the midst of February Sweeps as I have 21 hours of "current" recordings on the internal drive which means the process will take 2½ hours. By late March I'll catch up with viewing current stuff. But my anxiety level is getting a bit high.

My AV Setup

#73 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Well, my 722 had a day-and-a-half guide again this morning.

Some of us provided info to the DIRT representatives here as it appears to be some kind of glitch in the firmware/software at the point when the Blockbuster stuff was added.

I must admit I'm beginning to worry as after I forced a guide update this morning I was confronted with this screen:

Since the menus were redesigned I have never had a blank "New Releases" area on the screen.

I guess at some point I'm going to have to move all my recorded content off my 722 onto an EHD, do a hard reboot, and hope for the best.

I really don't want to do that in the midst of February Sweeps as I have 21 hours of "current" recordings on the internal drive which means the process will take 2½ hours. By late March I'll catch up with viewing current stuff. But my anxiety level is getting a bit high.

Ever since i got my replacement 722k i have only had one problem right after i got it installed. I too had a blank New Release area and it scared me too. But it has been fine since.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System
PS3
Wii

#74 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Ever since i got my replacement 722k i have only had one problem right after i got it installed. I too had a blank New Release area and it scared me too. But it has been fine since.

The problem is that the menu absence reflects that yesterday I had many channel 501 VOD movies that had been downloaded by Dish from the satellite to the hard drive. Today I have no 501 channels. Several possible causes are possible:
  • The DVR is just not accessing them correctly and if I did a hard reboot everything will come back just fine.
  • The internal hard drive directory just got scrambled for those, over a week or so everything will be downloaded again by Dish, and everything will be fine.
  • The internal hard drive is failing and will soon crash.
I don't care if I don't have the 501 channels as we don't watch VOD. But since #3 above would be a horrendous catastrophe :sure: I've decided to move 12 hours of drama from the past week onto an external hard drive and keep new drama there until we get caught up. I'm leaving 5 hours of comedy and 4 hours of other stuff on the internal drive.

At some point I may clean all recordings off the internal drive and do a hard reboot. It's just we've gotten behind in our TV watching.

And if it crashes before the end of March, I'm going to be irked.

My AV Setup

#75 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Did another check switch last night to download the guide as it was down to 2 days worth of listings.

#76 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

How do you perform a hard reboot?

#77 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

unplug it for a little while then plug it back in.

#78 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Here is a little twist...my 625 that feeds my son's room did not recored a few of his shows that are on Sat nights. After looking at the timers every single one said "no info available", never had that happen on the 625 before. So maybe it is something other than the Blockbuster programing causing this. Doing a checkswitch did nothing, I had to unplug and plug back in to force a guide download.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System
PS3
Wii

#79 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Here is a little twist...my 625 that feeds my son's room did not recored a few of his shows that are on Sat nights. After looking at the timers every single one said "no info available", never had that happen on the 625 before. So maybe it is something other than the Blockbuster programing causing this. Doing a checkswitch did nothing, I had to unplug and plug back in to force a guide download.

Can you please PM me your account information so I can report this issue? Thank you!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#80 OFFLINE   JS_racer

JS_racer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Damn box, no info again today. This is starting to blow with a vacation right around the corner. Why does it update with junk why not leave it alone it was good this morning. Try again later or the next day, have 8 more in the guide before the update. Don't have **** after, fkn sad. Sure glad I pay $150 for this fun!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...