Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No guide after Friday 10/28/11

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Since you have already perform the hard reset (unplugged receiver) and ran the check switch with no resolution to the problem, the next step would be to replace the receiver. There may be a problem with the hard drive. Please PM me with your account information, verifying your shipping address where you want the receiver sent, so I can send you a replacement receiver. Please let me know. Thanks.

Damn box, no info again today. This is starting to blow with a vacation right around the corner. Why does it update with junk why not leave it alone it was good this morning. Try again later or the next day, have 8 more in the guide before the update. Don't have **** after, fkn sad. Sure glad I pay $150 for this fun!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   JS_racer

JS_racer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Had the guide this morning, gone again 8 hours later. Sweet!!

Pm sent ray

Edited by JS_racer, 02 March 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#83 OFFLINE   jwktiger05

jwktiger05

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hello yesterday I set to record something for next Monday (guide was going the 7+ days in advance as normal). Today the guide doesn't go past Friday (3/9) 5pm and it doesn't show what I had programed to record on Mon

the dvr is a 722(k?) and I did a reboot on Monday (before this); should I do a roboot now, advise?
-JWK

#84 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,371 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hello yesterday I set to record something for next Monday (guide was going the 7+ days in advance as normal). Today the guide doesn't go past Friday (3/9) 5pm and it doesn't show what I had programed to record on Mon

the dvr is a 722(k?) and I did a reboot on Monday (before this); should I do a roboot now, advise?

Check it tomorrow morning to see if it downloaded a full guide. If not, you can force it to update without a reboot, but a hard reboot may be a better idea.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#85 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,499 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Sadly... I have now seen this (happened yesterday) on my 922... so it apparently isn't just limited to the 722 series...

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#86 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

You can do a hard reset to have it reboot. If the hard reset doesn't work, if you haven't already done so, run a check switch and then let it download the EPG. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

#87 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,371 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

My 722 hasn't had the guide glitch in several weeks now. I was beginning to think something had changed. So today my 612 had a 1½ day guide, the first time this calendar year and only the third time since the BB menu system was downloaded to it. Why did I get so optimistic?:sure:

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#88 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

Mine is kind of unpredictable also, it had not been a problem for over a week but Thursday mine was down to about 3 days worth of guide left.

#89 OFFLINE   JS_racer

JS_racer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

good since 3/2 here now. same equipment, no changes on my end.

#90 OFFLINE   jwktiger05

jwktiger05

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

after the guide updated Thurs night/Fri morning the guide has been the same; it even had the recordings I set up to be recorded as well. wierd
-JWK

#91 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,371 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Well the 612 did it again. This morning had about a day and a half. Yesterday 8+ days. But it's been awhile for the 722.:rolleyes:

My AV Setup

#92 OFFLINE   jtphil

jtphil

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

I've had the problem of losing the guide for several months, but I think I may have solved it, as it's been over two weeks since the last loss. Here's my story.

I first noticed the problem in my 622 sometime in January. The way it usually manifested itself was that the local over the air PBS station lost its guide completely (although the satellite PBS station still had its guide), and the rest of the channels had their guides for about two days or so.

I called Dish, and although they were very nice, they never acknowledged that this was a known problem. And they couldn't solve the problem. Roughly every other day (sometimes everyday), the guide was lost.

Then I had a hard disk failure, and Dish sent me a replacement 622; I thought that would solve the problem. It didn't.

I recreated all my timers, including a manual timer for recording the news from 6:00am to 6:30am everyday; since the guide lists three separate names for that show for weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, I thought it was simpler to just have one manual timer rather than three different ones.

Anyway, as I said, I still had the problem. Then it got worse.

One Monday I woke up to find that not only did I not have a guide, but none of my Sunday evening shows had been recorded! :mad:

I called Dish and they sent out someone to visit. That person was very nice, but he couldn't offer any solution. Then his boss showed up. Still no solution. But he asked me to call him directly when the problem occurred as he might be able to diagnose it. Two days later the problem recurred, I called him, and he never showed. I called him again, and his phone had been disconnected. :(

For some reason, I decided to delete the daily manual news timer and create three distinct timers to record the morning news.

I didn't have a problem for several days.:hurah:

Then I created a manual timer to record a show on one of the Sirius radio channels.

And the problem came back! :(

It seems that whenever I create a manual timer, I have the problem. No manual timers, no problem. Is this really the cause? Have I found the source of the problem?

It's been a very frustrating few months, and I've gotten into the habit of checking for the guide first thing in the morning. There's been no problem for two weeks now, but I don't want to let my guard down.

#93 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

I do not use manual timers and have had the missing guide problem.

#94 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'm missing guide data again, this is the second time in 2 weeks.

At 11:50pm Thurs (4-5-2012) I noticed my Daily Schedule had no programming listed beyond Sat (4-7-2012) morning. I checked the guide & it too only went to 2:00pm Sat.

I checked again at midnight & the guide then extended to 2:30pm Sat. I thought that's interesting - where did it find an extra half hour of data.

So I checked again at 12:25am Fri (4-6-2012) and now I have a full schedule through 4-14-2012 till 6:30pm.

If the data was missing & no updates are done until 3:00am, where did it all of sudden get the missing data?

#95 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,371 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

My 612 had missing guide data again, yesterday 4/7/2011. The day before it was fully populated with data.

My 722 has not had a guide glitch since February 18. :confused:

My AV Setup

#96 OFFLINE   jtphil

jtphil

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

It had to come to an end, and tonight it did. After a few weeks with no problems, the guide has pulled its partial disappearing act again, this time on a Saturday evening rather than Sunday.

Same symptoms as before. The guide info was lost completely for the over the air local PBS station, and there was about two days worth of info for the other channels.

Is there any progress being made towards a resolution of this problem? I'm totally frustrated at this point and am looking into other options.

#97 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

You can do a hard reset to have it reboot. If the hard reset doesn't work, if you haven't already done so, run a check switch and then let it download the EPG. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

It happened again this afternoon. Guide went out only about a day & a half.

The previous time it came back by itself so I did not miss any future scheduled recordings.

Problem is when it goes out all the current local OTA sub channel information also goes missing. The first hour of these say Digital Service & the remainder say No Info. What happens if I have a scheduled sub channel recording during this time? Since programs do not appear in the schedule for the missing main channels I presume they will not appear for the sub channels either and therefore will not be recorded.

I can see if something missed an update cycle there would be no new data, but why does the existing guide data disappear?

#98 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,499 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Problem is when it goes out all the current local OTA sub channel information also goes missing.

I have seen this with a 922 as well... and both problems seem to come together. OTA sub-channel + only 2 day EPG happen the same time.

Once I had the data in the morning when I first turned on the receiver, then later in the day the data was gone... so it isn't just happening overnight. Sometimes it is happening while using the receiver during the day.

With it happening on so many different receivers, and ones using different firmware... its either some common block of code OR something happening with the uplink data. Even if it is a data issue, it seems like the data itself is still there, just the receiver can't find it sometimes.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#99 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,371 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

My 612 had missing guide data again - out only to a day and a half.

Again, my 722 has not had a guide glitch since February 18.

My AV Setup

#100 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I was looking at my 722k's EPG last nite (4/25) and noticed that my programming didn't extend beyond 4/27. I did a "check switch" so it could force an EPG update. A few minutes (well, actually 9 minutes) later, all was as it should be.

Way to go, guys. :rolleyes:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

spam firewall