Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spot beams and locals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jimmy park

jimmy park

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 07:04 PM

Some one please tell me is Atlanta GA. going to reman on consus or will it be on a spot beam . Excuse me please on my last meesage for the all caps I didn,t know it was on.

Is all locals going over to E* 7 or will We need the second dis . Thanks
jep

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 07:20 PM

I believe the basic plan is to keep the six nationwide cities BIG4 (ABC, NBC, CBS & Fox) where they are for their national customers and have other channels for those DMAs available from the spots.
Fox News : It grows on you... kinda like cancer.

#3 OFFLINE   bryan27

bryan27

DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru

• Registered
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 07:23 PM

The 4 Atlanta Nets will stay on CONUS. Since Atlanta shares the same beam with Charlotte, Raleigh, & Greenville, and there isn't room for all the locals on this beam it isn't known if the rest of the Atlanta locals will goto the spotbeam or stay CONUS.

If you only have a dish pointed at 119 you may need a Dish 500 to get 119 and 110, if you already have a Dish 500 you should be fine. If your in the Atlanta DMA why not just get the FREE 61.5 dish since 3 of the Atlanta locals are there now (1 is up and the other two are testing).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...