Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad 1.3.x: Issues/Discussion only (No Jailbreak Talk)

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,351 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

I can do everything in the app as expected... The second I hot the playlist button, the app goes poof and I end up at the app list . Reinstalled etc.... Same thing

Scott

Just to add to Laxguy's thoughts here... Have you tried rebooting your iPad? That's cured some really goofy stuff for me at times.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   jamsys

jamsys

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Just to add to Laxguy's thoughts here... Have you tried rebooting your iPad? That's cured some really goofy stuff for me at times.

Every other function on the app works except playlist... All are static Ip. So damm weird!

#203 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,351 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

So, you can see all of your receivers and the remote control function works too? Have you tried rebooting (the iPad) yet?

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#204 OFFLINE   sriggins

sriggins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

Are you on a Mac? If so, you can sync your iPad with iTunes, then open /Applications/Console.app. On the left, click Show Log List (if it is not showing) and open Files->~/Library/Logs then CrashReporter, then MobileDevice, then your iPad name. You should see some log files for the directv app. If you can copy one of them (they might be large), I might be able to point out something going on.

As an iOS Developer, I've sometimes found it best to just delete the app and download it again. This deletes the data associated with the app, including preferences and other caches, data files, etc, that the app may have created. If one of these has had bad data written to it (like via a bug) and then the code that read that data isn't guarded properly, things can blow up. The crash logs may point out a clue (and then we can report it to DTV)

#205 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

How about Parental Controls? Do you have them set on the receiver, iPad, or App?

Setup

Ken

#206 OFFLINE   Hey_Hey

Hey_Hey

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

The iPad App crashes for me about 50% of the time when I refresh the playlist. The App just disappears and I'm back to the iPad home screen. Usually when I restart the app the playlist comes up okay, but once in awhile it crashes then as well, then I need to restart again. Most of the time when I refresh it crashes, but once in awhile it works.

I have 4 DVRs but the iPad app is set to only show the playlist for 3 of them. When the app crashes I always see it adding green checkmarks for 2 of the 3 DVRs and then there is the little spinning circle by the 1st DVR, which either turns to a green checkmark and all is good or the app disappears. The 1st DVR is the one with the largest playlist and is an HR24. The other two selected DVRs are an R22 and an HR20. The HR24 is usually the currently being watched one.

Happens with both an iPad 1 and an iPad 2. I have rebooted the iPads, and I have deleted and reinstalled the App. No effect on the behavior.

#207 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

The iPad App crashes for me about 50% of the time when I refresh the playlist. The App just disappears and I'm back to the iPad home screen. Usually when I restart the app the playlist comes up okay, but once in awhile it crashes then as well, then I need to restart again. Most of the time when I refresh it crashes, but once in awhile it works.

I have 4 DVRs but the iPad app is set to only show the playlist for 3 of them. When the app crashes I always see it adding green checkmarks for 2 of the 3 DVRs and then there is the little spinning circle by the 1st DVR, which either turns to a green checkmark and all is good or the app disappears. The 1st DVR is the one with the largest playlist and is an HR24. The other two selected DVRs are an R22 and an HR20. The HR24 is usually the currently being watched one.

Happens with both an iPad 1 and an iPad 2. I have rebooted the iPads, and I have deleted and reinstalled the App. No effect on the behavior.

How many modules do you have set up? I had a ton and was having that problem, so I tried pairing it down to about ten modules, and I don't have the issue hardly ever anymore. Maybe once every three or four weeks at most.

#208 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

How about Parental Controls? Do you have them set on the receiver, iPad, or App?

iPad. You always set pc on the unit that you are viewing, not the server.

#209 OFFLINE   Hey_Hey

Hey_Hey

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

How many modules do you have set up? I had a ton and was having that problem, so I tried pairing it down to about ten modules, and I don't have the issue hardly ever anymore. Maybe once every three or four weeks at most.

Umm... not exactly sure what a "module" is, so probably not many. I'm using the iPad app pretty much straight out of the box, haven't really customized it much. I use it mostly to see a unified playlist for 3 of the 4 DVRs. 4th DVR has kids shows on it, so I like seeing the playlist of just the other 3 DVRs.

#210 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,662 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Not sure where the sports data is sourced, but tonight's NC State vs. UNC game isn't listed even though both are 'MY Teams'. Everything in the sports 'On Later' are labelled as 'NCAA BB Top 25' and include games like 'Charleston vs Furman' . . .

hardly top 25 from either.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#211 OFFLINE   mjwagner

mjwagner

Icon

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Search results are generally not reliable unfortunately. I think the data source is that "Peggy" guy from the credit card ads... ?
Mark

HR34-700, Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 UB Projector
HR21-200, Samsung UN-60ES8000
C31, Samsung PN-42A450
H25-700, Samsung LN-S3296D

#212 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

I noticed the logos for the.76ers & Sabres are wrong. They are also wrong on TV Apps

DirecTV customer since 1996

#213 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,662 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

The Charlotte vs. Dayton NCAA basketball game is listed in Sports for tonight at 7pm.

Unfortunately, the logo for UNC-Charlotte is for the Charlotte Bobcats (NBA).

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#214 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,730 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Search results are generally not reliable unfortunately. I think the data source is that "Peggy" guy from the credit card ads... ?

Hah! He is also the go-to guy at the Tribune when problems are noted....:D
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#215 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

Issue: Missing Items in PlayList
Opened up the app and went to view the PlayList and noticed that it did not look right. I sorted it alphabetically and noticed that at least 2 shows were missing. Both of the shows are from the same DVR. I haven't noticed any other shows missing yet. I did double-check the Filter and it is set to display everything. When viewing the PlayList on the TV, all shows are displayed without issue.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#216 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Issue: Missing Items in PlayList
Opened up the app and went to view the PlayList and noticed that it did not look right. I sorted it alphabetically and noticed that at least 2 shows were missing. Both of the shows are from the same DVR. I haven't noticed any other shows missing yet. I did double-check the Filter and it is set to display everything. When viewing the PlayList on the TV, all shows are displayed without issue.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

- Merg

Were they over the air or PPV? Nomad doesn't show programs you can't watch.

Setup

Ken

#217 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,347 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Were they over the air or PPV? Nomad doesn't show programs you can't watch.

I'm not sure he is talking about the Nomad application.

#218 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Well, this is in the iPad app and not in Nomad. Also, these are recordings that I made via satellite of network shows (Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice).

- Merg

#219 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

Well, this is in the iPad app and not in Nomad. Also, these are recordings that I made via satellite of network shows (Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice).

- Merg

So they were missing from the List on your iPad? I don't think I've ever checked the List against the programs on my DVR. I have had times when it wouldn't connect at all.

Setup

Ken

#220 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

So they were missing from the List on your iPad? I don't think I've ever checked the List against the programs on my DVR. I have had times when it wouldn't connect at all.

Probably would not have noticed myself except that I has the app up and my wife asked me to put on Grey's for her, but it wasn't there.

- Merg

Protected By... spam firewall...And...