Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad 1.3.x: Issues/Discussion only (No Jailbreak Talk)

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   aquatic

aquatic

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:22 AM

it seems the auto power down of the receivers is affecting the iPad app--it won't/can't wake up the receivers.

I get up in the AM and often kick on the iPad and watch some morning shows. Lately it's just been "Can't get configuration" or can't login, or I get through but the lists won't populate. Soon as I turn on the real TV and kickstart the receiver (HR24) the iPad app fires right up and life is back to normal.

I LIKE the power down idea, but the app has to be able to wake up the receiver. For now, I guess I'll turn off the Green feature and see what that does.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#222 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,477 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

ACC Tournament going on today - Sunday. Nothing in Sports with NCAA BB selected.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#223 OFFLINE   looter

looter

Godfather

• Registered
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Yeah, it is hard to believe how bad the search is and how long it has been so bad.
Home: (1) HR21-700 w/AM21, (1) HR22-100
Office: (1) H23, R22 Make that R16-300 (never trust DIRECTV when they tell you what receiver you’re getting).
DIRECTV since 1995

#224 OFFLINE   mjwagner

mjwagner

Icon

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

ACC Tournament going on today - Sunday. Nothing in Sports with NCAA BB selected.

The sports tab has been pretty much broken/useless since day 1.
Mark

HR34-700, Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 UB Projector
HR21-200, Samsung UN-60ES8000
C31, Samsung PN-42A450
H25-700, Samsung LN-S3296D

#225 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,477 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

It's pretty handy and generally accurate for the sports I follow. Great for finding the channel that the game is going to be on or checking scores while watching something else.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#226 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,181 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

The sports tab has been pretty much broken/useless since day 1.

I'd try resetting the teams you follow, perhaps eliminating all those in which you have no interest.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#227 OFFLINE   Rexal

Rexal

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

Hope I can get some suggestions here, or at least get pointed on the right direction. For the past few weeks, when I try to log into the iPad app I get an error message, "Unable to retrieve configuration". I have an HR-24 connected to a Cisco DPC3825 via a coaxial CCK. It sometimes will work for a few minutes, maybe a couple of hours, but that's been very rare. I've tried the basics, like resetting the router, resetting the DVR, restoring network defaults on the DVR and reconnecting, uninstalling the app and so on. The iPad and the DVR are on the same network. I've played a little with the router configuration, but I really have no clue what I'd be trying to change, so I decided to get a little help from the group before I really mess something up. I've also noticed in this time I have an error code 3 on TV apps, and I can not access the TV apps web site, gives a message about not being able to find the server. I can double check that if someone thinks it relates. Any suggestions?

#228 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hope I can get some suggestions here, or at least get pointed on the right direction. For the past few weeks, when I try to log into the iPad app I get an error message, "Unable to retrieve configuration". I have an HR-24 connected to a Cisco DPC3825 via a coaxial CCK. It sometimes will work for a few minutes, maybe a couple of hours, but that's been very rare. I've tried the basics, like resetting the router, resetting the DVR, restoring network defaults on the DVR and reconnecting, uninstalling the app and so on. The iPad and the DVR are on the same network. I've played a little with the router configuration, but I really have no clue what I'd be trying to change, so I decided to get a little help from the group before I really mess something up. I've also noticed in this time I have an error code 3 on TV apps, and I can not access the TV apps web site, gives a message about not being able to find the server. I can double check that if someone thinks it relates. Any suggestions?

Who is your ISP?

Can you change your DNS setings to OpenDNS or Google ?
DNS Server: 8.8.8.8
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#229 OFFLINE   mjwagner

mjwagner

Icon

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

I'd try resetting the teams you follow, perhaps eliminating all those in which you have no interest.

No it is not a settings or user problem. Yes, it does work for some sports. It does not work for others. I have reported this as a bug from day one and it still has not been fixed. It is one of those areas they clearly aren't real concerned about fixing, much like the humorously oxymoronically named Smart Search.
Mark

HR34-700, Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 UB Projector
HR21-200, Samsung UN-60ES8000
C31, Samsung PN-42A450
H25-700, Samsung LN-S3296D

#230 OFFLINE   Rexal

Rexal

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

I got home from work about 20 minutes ago. I tried to app and it was a no go. Just as I was about to reply to Earl, I gave it another go, just for fun, and it's up. Let's see how long it lasts! TV Apps is up as well. Fingers crossed...

EDIT: Well, it lasted 10 minutes. Everything's down again. Frustrating!
My ISP is Midcontinent Communications, either I'm not smart enough to configure the DNS settings, or I just can't use them since I lost internet this morning when I tried changing those settings.

EDIT: OK I don't know what I did wrong yesterday when trying to change over to the 8.8.8.8, but I'm all connected now, and the app is running, along with TV apps and everything else. Been running for about 20 minutes now, so lets see if I can jinx myself again.

Edited by Rexal, 11 March 2012 - 11:29 AM.
updating status

#231 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,736 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

Was just at a friends who has the TiVo app, his has a TODO list. Are we ever going to see one in the D* app?

#232 OFFLINE   Rexal

Rexal

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

The whole day went by and everything is still running like a charm. Thanks again Earl! Looks like I need to find something else to stress me out between 1 and 3 AM :lol:

#233 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,540 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Oddity with NCAA tournament today. Sports listings show channels for future games but current ones say no channel available.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#234 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,540 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Oddity with NCAA tournament today. Sports listings show channels for future games but current ones say no channel available.

And now it is working.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#235 OFFLINE   Vinny

Vinny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,094 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Is there any thought to enhancing the iPad app to include a more informative guide and DVR information?

In my opinion the iPad app functionality should include a DVR button and more informative guide which:

• Lists upcoming recordings.
  • Displays the "Record Icon" on the guide if in fact the program is or will be recorded.

HR34-700(0x00805)|Networked: Yes via Deca hardwired to Actiontec MI424WR (FiOS)| OTA: No | DOD Enabled: Yes |Mediashare: TVersity |
HDTV: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ85U connected via Monster HDMI| Home Theater: Onkyo TX-LR552 connected via coax cable. Whole Home: Yes

HR20-700 (0x07EB)
|Networked: Yes via Deca| OTA: No | HDTV: Hitachi Plasma P42H401 connected via HDMI. Whole Home: Yes

AU9 Slimline | SWM|

#236 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,113 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Is there any thought to enhancing the iPad app to include a more informative guide and DVR information?

In my opinion the iPad app functionality should include a DVR button and more informative guide which:

[*]Lists upcoming recordings.
[*]Displays the "Record Icon" on the guide if in fact the program is or will be recorded.

I'd love to see record icons from any and all dvrs show in the guide n the iPad app regardless of what dvr it is set to be recorded on....

By the way, isn't this an old thread and in need of being replaced since we are n 1.5 now?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...