Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App / Jailbreak discussions

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Do you have statistics to back up this claim? I know many honest people jailbreak for Cydia but I'm sure many others do it to pirate software. You just can't ignore it. I get skeptical when people say the most users jailbreak just to use Cydia.

Then your have ZERO idea what your talking about in this conversation. It know this is your site, but your comments don't belong in this thread, with a comment like that.

Do you even KNOW what jailbreaking is? Jailbreaking is NOTHING BUT adding Cydia app store to your phone, period. When you jailbreak your phone, CYDIA is installed. Then form there, you can access illegal sources that MIGHT contribute to piracy. If you install this source, Cydia WARNS you its illegal and does not recommend it and warns you its could have treats in it.

SSH your phone is a way into the file system. This can be down with apps SOLD through the official Apple App store. Once your device s jailbroken, then this official apps will allow you in the file system.

Sorry, but jail breaking is NOT about stealing apps or piracy. Its about an alternative App store, that makes the iPhone the bet smart phone, period. Without it, I would not use an iPhone or any iOS device.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Actually as I have stated earlier in this thread, these are the reasons: (NOTE: This is still not official from DirecTV. Just what I have been able to gather.)

1. The content on the app IS protected via DRM.
2. This app isn't just one provider. DirecTV licenses the content from SEVERAL providers and they don't all have the same rules thus a lock must be placed on the entire app.
3. Just because the good people here at DBSTalk do not steal content doesn't mean other jail breakers are NOT doing it.

I have never heard on any app for downloading stream content form a IOS device from any jail breaking source.

maybe if DIRECTV was not fearful and actually UNDERSTOOD the JB process, who would not have this problem. Do a Google search. I searched many JB forum and cydia to see. Nothing.

This is a simple matter for DIRECTV:

Allow the app on all devices! Disable LIVE Stream on any JB device. Now everyone is happy. The cat and Mouse game is a losing game for directv and a waste of mine and resources. Apple can't stop it and you think D* will? :lol:

#263 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

I have never heard on any app for downloading stream content form a IOS device from any jail breaking source.

It's not a single app that you use to rip the stream, it involves a couple of apps and capturing to a computer. Its a lot more work than I would want to go through to accomplish something that could more easily be done other ways, but it can be done.

I'm not posting links to what I read, but I'm sure you can find the info on your own if you want to.

#264 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

It's not a single app that you use to rip the stream, it involves a couple of apps and capturing to a computer. Its a lot more work than I would want to go through to accomplish something that could more easily be done other ways, but it can be done.

I'm not posting links to what I read, but I'm sure you can find the info on your own if you want to.

Ok, but I have ZERO desire. Never hared of anyone doing it and I tried Google with nothing.

#265 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

Then your have ZERO idea what your talking about in this conversation. It know this is your site, but your comments don't belong in this thread, with a comment like that.

Calm down buddy. It was just a question. Geesh!

#266 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Ok, but I have ZERO desire. Never hared of anyone doing it and I tried Google with nothing.

OK, but this isn't just about you and me. There ARE people who do it.

#267 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Calm down buddy. It was just a question. Geesh!

ok :nono2:.

But you did not state a question. What you stated is wrong and what your stated shows your ignorance when it comes to JB an iOS device.

But as the owner of this site and when we are are discussing JB and DIRECTV, I think you would be more cautious or informed before making a comment.

I know your thoughts don't reflect DIRECTVs views or other MODs here. But when I hear who you guys think, makes my wonder if DIRECTV really has a clue when it comes to this stuff too.

#268 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

OK, but this isn't just about you and me. There ARE people who do it.

Sure and I get that.

#269 OFFLINE   vantheman169

vantheman169

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hello seems like the last post of this thread was quite some time ago, but this is still a problem.

First time poster here, been reading through this thread and searching all over the web to try to DOWNGRADE my DirectTV app because of the same reason everyone else is on this forum. I have an iPhone and an iPad jailbroken on firmware 6.1 and of course DirectTV SUX and keeps forcing us to update to the latest version which does not work on jailbroken devices (which is dumb anyways and I dont understand why).

My question is. Since there is a new tweak on CYDIA called Xcon Alias that will make older Direct TV app think that its already updated, where can I download the older version? I am not trying to PIRATE It so dont flame me for asking, and its a free app so this has nothing to do with pirating anything. All I want is the old app that way Xcon Alias can do its job.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

#270 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,752 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Xcon v38 beta 2 works with today's versions of DirecTV for iPad and iPhone on iOS 6.1.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#271 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Unfortunately that tweak that makes Directv app work, but renders other apps that use any mapping useless. (i.e. Zillow, Weather channel app)

Not sure where to post to the developer on that, tried to tweet that to him, no response.

#272 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,752 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Unfortunately that tweak that makes Directv app work, but renders other apps that use any mapping useless. (i.e. Zillow, Weather channel app)

Not sure where to post to the developer on that, tried to tweet that to him, no response.

I don't know what the policy is on posting direct links, so I will PM you the forum on Github where the discussions are taking place.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#273 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Got it, thanks!
Posted the issue there.

#274 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Hello seems like the last post of this thread was quite some time ago, but this is still a problem.

First time poster here, been reading through this thread and searching all over the web to try to DOWNGRADE my DirectTV app because of the same reason everyone else is on this forum. I have an iPhone and an iPad jailbroken on firmware 6.1 and of course DirectTV SUX and keeps forcing us to update to the latest version which does not work on jailbroken devices (which is dumb anyways and I dont understand why).

My question is. Since there is a new tweak on CYDIA called Xcon Alias that will make older Direct TV app think that its already updated, where can I download the older version? I am not trying to PIRATE It so dont flame me for asking, and its a free app so this has nothing to do with pirating anything. All I want is the old app that way Xcon Alias can do its job.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

DirecTV does not force you to update their app. Just like all other apps on iOS, you don't have to download an update if you don't want to.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#275 OFFLINE   billcoff

billcoff

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Including my Vulkano app

#276 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,129 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

FWIW, I am using the 38 Beta 2, and the weather app (TWC) and Facebook apps works fine for me.

#277 OFFLINE   gjlowe

gjlowe

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

As soon as I removed xCon, the Lego Harry Potter games started working again, so I know it is breaking other apps.

#278 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

A fix has been posted for xCon on Github, for anyone interested/needing it.

spam firewall