Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Chuck Versus the Zoom OAD 10/28/2011

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

I liked it but still can't believe Morgan is now the intersect. So glad it is back.....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,121 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

I liked it as well. Since they are married now, the angst has to come from another direction... Chuck pining to be the intersect again is this year's angst.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

It's a good way to go to the last season. It's heading towards an end. The show (to me) that was most closely aligned in how it progressed was Alias. I suspect they would have done a much better job in their 5th season if they new early on it was the last. I'll be watching this year, but it will be time when this season is done.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

I still think Chuck will get it back somehow... the question is whether Morgan will have to lose it or could we see duo-intersects on the same side.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#5 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,177 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

I wasn't fond of the idea of Morgan as the Intersect.. So far, though, I think it's been handled well - especially with Chuck pining over his flash-less-ness.

#6 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

I enjoyed the episode and figure I'll give Morgan as the intersect more time to grow on me. My wife and both of our neighbors absolutely HATED that part of it though. My wife is usually just as anxious to watch Chuck as I am but after we finished this episode she seems completely uninterested unless things change quickly and our neighbors pretty much echoed that feeling. I worry it's one of those polarizing things that will alienate a good portion of the already relatively small audience the show had. I know its the last season but I would be devastated if the ratings stay SO bad that NBC cancels it mid-season.

Hopefully the slate of awesome pop-culture icons they have coming is as guest stars (starting with Carrie Ann Moss (Trinity in the Matrix)) will help infuse some love from the "Chuck should be the intersect" crowd.

#7 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

Not real fond of the Morgan with the intersect change. I do think Chuck will get it back, there was the scene with the glasses as a hint. I think Chuck's dad will make a return appearance and straighten things out.

#8 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Not real fond of the Morgan with the intersect change. I do think Chuck will get it back, there was the scene with the glasses as a hint. I think Chuck's dad will make a return appearance and straighten things out.

From the dead? Is that going to be some kind of Chuck / Grimm cross-over?? :lol:

#9 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

From the dead? Is that going to be some kind of Chuck / Grimm cross-over?? :lol:

There is plenty of fan speculation about it. I do think we may see some kind of family reunion this season.

#10 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

There is plenty of fan speculation about it. I do think we may see some kind of family reunion this season.

I don't see how unless they ignore reality.

Orion had faked his death before... including the helicopter explosion right in front of Chuck a few seasons back... so I have to think that since Ellie saw her dad shot, and she wasn't captured by the Ring... she would have seen if the Ring took the body away... My guess is when the dust settled, she probably called the police or something.

I also assume that Chuck & Ellie wouldn't have had a funeral for him unless he was actually dead and they saw the body.

Now... the ONLY way around all of that... is IF Chuck & Ellie were complicit in the cover up... if they helped their dad go back into hiding... and they agreed not to tell the rest of the family/team about doing that.

IF they did all that, then there's the out to bring Dad back... but that means Chuck & Ellie have been doing a major cover up for quite a while now.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#11 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Ellie or Chuck could find an Easter Egg with the intersect on it. Something that Chucks Dad hid before he got killed. Sorta like a use only in case of Emergency type thing.

Maybe their Mom or The General have it and mid way through the season Morgan has a freak accident or some sort of intersect overload and he ends up in a coma and the only way to save him is to transfer the intersect back to Chuck.

Either way I Liked Chuck as "The Boss" he did well without the intersect and proved that in a crunch he can still save the day, he just needed a little help from his friends.

BTW I hope the first episode was "Awesomeless" by design, I don't know how a whole season without him would play out. But in this day and age 'change' for better or worse is something I am pretty much used too. Also I loved how Casey was all blasé blasé about helping out until he found out that Rush Limbaugh was swindled outta 2 million dollars. Not trying to get political, that was just so Casey.

Edited by cj9788, 01 November 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Now... the ONLY way around all of that... is IF Chuck & Ellie were complicit in the cover up... if they helped their dad go back into hiding... and they agreed not to tell the rest of the family/team about doing that.

IF they did all that, then there's the out to bring Dad back... but that means Chuck & Ellie have been doing a major cover up for quite a while now.

I've always been accepting at face value their statements that they "miss dad", but it could indeed have another meaning... Great idea.

#13 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

BTW I hope the first episode was "Awesomeless" by design, I don't know how a whole season without him would play out. But in this day and age 'change' for better or worse is something I am pretty much used too.

I haven't looked into Ryan McPartlin's role in Chuck this year, but he's still credited in the opening credits, and he's one of my favorite characters on the show. I really hope he's back a lot more often, with or without his shirt!

spam firewall