Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L643 on 612 Has Blockbuster Movie

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

Just checked and my 612 has it.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

Lots of changes in L643:

# Features

* VOD UI Changes (to include the Blockbuster Movie Pass streaming option)
* SVOD/Network Folders
* Adaptive Streaming
* HDMI Detect
* CSA over IP
* Pop-up changes
* PPV Rental Indicator
* Screen Saver yellow text updates (the “hints” that appear in yellow text when your receiver is in standby mode)
* Live sports theme
* Basic Remote changes
* Forced boot receovery
* PPV pop-up timeout
* Pause buffer change
* GoogleTV (support for devices such as the Logitech Revue)
* Locks pop-up changes
* WD Midori 320GB HDD support
* EPG Updates
* Opt-in Free Preview Trigger

# Fixes

* DVR Folder fixes
* VOD in EPG/banner fixes
* On Demand fixes
* Misc stability fixes

http://www.dishsuppo...-week-10-a.html
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#3 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

My 612 doesn't have it yet. Is this release being spread out over a period of time?

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#4 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

My 612 doesn't have it yet. Is this release being spread out over a period of time?

I believe it is. I read a post in another thread that said 1 of his 3 got it. Since it started spooling 10/19 you'd think they'd be done by now but I recall my 622 taking up to 3 weeks to get an update.

#5 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

All software updates for Dish are "spooled" out and not released to every receiver at once.
It usually takes no longer then a week from release date for your receiver to update. Just make sure you are allowing it to update at its designated time (usually 3 am by default) and you will get it soon.

If you dont get it within a week definitely call in or chat with a CSR at the website.
edit:
Olguy, the 612 software update wasnt released until today.

#6 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

All software updates for Dish are "spooled" out and not released to every receiver at once.
It usually takes no longer then a week from release date for your receiver to update. Just make sure you are allowing it to update at its designated time (usually 3 am by default) and you will get it soon.

If you dont get it within a week definitely call in or chat with a CSR at the website.
edit:
Olguy, the 612 software update wasnt released until today.

As I said, I have seen it take up to 3 weeks in the past. On more than one occassion. As have others that post in this forum.

I don't know the source of your information regarding the release date but mine got it sometime last week. I only checked it yesterday.
Others posted in other forums that they had gotten it. According to Michael S. in post #5 of the Software Release Notes Week 10/17 thread at Dish Network Support Forum L643 spooled 10/19 for the first 100K receivers.

#7 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

As I said, I have seen it take up to 3 weeks in the past. On more than one occassion. As have others that post in this forum.

Correct, and by design.

#8 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

Actually, I wasn't trying to create a discussion with my question. Sometimes somebody who knows will post the receiver ID numbers being hit which can give one an idea of when yours will get the software.

I've seen them update every one with an update in a two or three day period. And sometimes an update gets halted because something is wrong.

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#9 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Agreed, I too have seen where someone knew what receviers are spooled. I have not heard of any problems, there seems to be more and more who are getting it.....But not sure it is usually done in a two day period.

#10 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

I think P Smith is the person who has posted that information for other receivers in the past.

#11 OFFLINE   CraigT1

CraigT1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

It appears that I now have the new update but it doesn't show any Blockbuster streaming options- just the Platinum streaming. It has the new interface but shows only the Platinum channels under Movie Pass. Am I overlooking something? Thanks.

Craig T

#12 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

It appears that I now have the new update but it doesn't show any Blockbuster streaming options- just the Platinum streaming. It has the new interface but shows only the Platinum channels under Movie Pass. Am I overlooking something? Thanks.

Craig T

The only new thing to BBMP was the consolidation of Movies in the mail, streaming over pc's to the dish platinum package.
The streaming to receiver stuff has always been there.

#13 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,298 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

Still no L643 on my 612, sigh. I'm feeling rejected.

My AV Setup

#14 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

Wanna know when to reboot it ? ;) It would help to catch your batch regardless of processes/priorities of current tasks inside of your box.

#15 OFFLINE   mikepax

mikepax

Legend

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

Finally received my update on both 612 recievers. Waiting for weekend to try it out.
DirecTV since 1998
(Den)Mitsubishi WS-65315,HR34-700,RCA RT2580 Home Theater/Surround Sound 630 Watts,Panasonic DMR-E55 DVR Recorder,AM21,Harmony 1000
(Bedroom)LG 42LG70,H25-500,Sony HT-SS2300 Home Theater/Surround Sound 1000 Watts,Sony Blu-Ray Disc Player BDP-S350,Harmony 650

#16 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

My 612 has 643. Yesterday I tried an experiment and started to download the HD version of Airport. It downloaded and played flawlessly. The problem with this release is that I couldn't stop or cancel the download without disconnecting the broadband connection. After reconnecting I was given the option of continuing or deleting. I hope this gets fixed.

2H/1J

spam firewall