Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Check your 922 logs FAIL UNMOUNT COUNTER

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

I just checked my 922 logs and it shows FAILED UMOUNT COUNTER = 3. What does this mean and why does it show it. My unit is 2 weeks old and apparently new. This is found in the diagnostic menu under counters.

What does your 922 read on your units counter for FAILED UNMOUNT?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

It is nothing - initially, when drive [re]formatted the counter is populating.
The process is mandatory - factory FW support internal file system [E*FS], while current version - EXT3+XFS.

#3 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

It is nothing - initially, when drive [re]formatted the counter is populating.
The process is mandatory - factory FW support internal file system [E*FS], while current version - EXT3+XFS.

So on your 922 is it at 0 or does it have a number greater than 0. The reason I ask is that my 722's are at 0 but the 922 is at 3 for this counter.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,904 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

I would be more concerned if this counter was increasing daily or weekly.

Just noticing that it is at "3" instead of zero doesn't mean anything good or bad on its own.

For any specific diagnostic counter, there could be any number of ways it might fail a few times under normal operation and not be an indication of any problem.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

So on your 922 is it at 0 or does it have a number greater than 0. The reason I ask is that my 722's are at 0 but the 922 is at 3 for this counter.

You didn't pay attention to the reason. 722 still using that _different_ file system [E*FS].

#6 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Mine, activated last May is at 150. To which I say, when it quits working I'll get it replaced. Until then I'll enjoy it. And frankly, I only looked at it out of curiosity after this thread started. And may never look at it again. I'm not a software engineer or tech. But I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn few times. :lol:
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

To those who are is not privy to know what and how file system working:
- the count equal 3 is _normal_ value,telling: the DVR and the internal drive came from factory with FACTORY SW and FACTORY formatted drive.

There are much more critical values in that Counters list, post all of them related to HDD and we will talk.

#8 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:51 AM

To those who are is not privy to know what and how file system working:
- the count equal 3 is _normal_ value,telling: the DVR and the internal drive came from factory with FACTORY SW and FACTORY formatted drive.

There are much more critical values in that Counters list, post all of them related to HDD and we will talk.

So does that mean since the 922 has had 3 SW pushes since it was introduced that the 3 means the reboots. Olguy poster above has 150, could that be that he has had his 922 for a longer period than mine. Just courious if anyone that has had the SW pushes to S115 is at 0 or at 3 on the counter.

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Nope, you get it wrong - the count (normally) is equal 3, because of the unmount (not required during normal functioning life of the box) process did run on three old type partitions during re-formatting those from old type E*FS to EXT3+XFS type one time when SW version S0.99 or so updated to current S1.xx.

His counter equal 150 is not normal - need to analyze system logs to explain the big value.

#10 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

Nope, you get it wrong - the count (normally) is equal 3, because of the unmount (not required during normal functioning life of the box) process did run on three old type partitions during re-formatting those from old type E*FS to EXT3+XFS type one time when SW version S0.99 or so updated to current S1.xx.

His counter equal 150 is not normal - need to analyze system logs to explain the big value.

Thanks for the info. I am surprised that the DIRT people did not comment in here. Maybe most people do not look at their counters as I do.

#11 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

I do. And we discussed some of those here...

DIRT people are not SW developers and the company doesn't reveal low level details to them or CSR.

#12 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

So, should I start moving things to an EHD to get ready for a crash? :) This is a replacement unit and I'm pretty sure it was a refurb. In any case if it fails, it fails.

But out of curiosity which counters will provide information that may explain the count?
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#13 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

You should provide the counters and its values to help you make proper decision. Continue asking (without technical knowledge about these values) will not bring any benefits to you.

#14 OFFLINE   sulu600

sulu600

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Wow, finally figured out how to get the counter screen to page, and mine is at 6, but I just got this refurbished 922 a couple of months ago. It's an older serial number than the one I had for the last 14 month prior. I keep checking daily to see if S116 and BBP has been added, but no joy yet.

Steve

#15 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

Wow, finally figured out how to get the counter screen to page, and mine is at 6, but I just got this refurbished 922 a couple of months ago. It's an older serial number than the one I had for the last 14 month prior. I keep checking daily to see if S116 and BBP has been added, but no joy yet.

Steve

I have been told by a dish superviser that a new update will be rolling out starting the 12th....

To fix all the sling problems due to a server moving issue.....IDK maybe the bone heads will have the BBMP with that?

They sure dont move fast when they have a problem thats for sure!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...