Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SiriusXM iPhone App

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

I've been using the app for a few months now and have always have a few blips with it. But recently it's been far worse than usual. A lot of crackling noise is occurring and today I'm getting a lot of "data connection lost" or "problem with the stream" very annoying if you ask my. I'm also pretty sure my data connection is fine because I'm on wifi at home and haven't had any problems surfing the Internet on my iPhone or my MacBook. I don't think I'm the only one by the looks of the app reviews on the App Store. Anyone else around here in the same boat?

Kevin
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sonofcool

sonofcool

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

I will try later today. Have you tried to listen to the feed from your MacBook?

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

I have used the MacBook and i have the same problems. However, on both devices along with an iPad, some days the stream is great. Other than the annoying inactivity timeout, but I can live with that. Other days it is pretty bad. So I guess its a big hit or miss.

Kevin
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   REDSKINSFAN47

REDSKINSFAN47

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts
  • LocationWoodbine,MD

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

mine works pretty good on iphone4s on 3g and wifi inactiveity time out is about once an hour and is aggravating as we pay royalty fees. it loses data once in awhile.when it offers updates i always wait because they seem to have issues at first.
hr20,hdmi to living room,componant mirred to office,h20kit hdmi,bedroom mine r15,bedroom daughters h20,other d10,slimline dish mounted on back of house,18 in.round (spare),on 3ft pipe in ground watered by dog daily.ota on roof.

#5 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Call and complain. You're paying for a service and NOT getting it. If they hem and haw about it - cancel and use Pandora or IHeartRadio or any of the other music streamers.

#6 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,963 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

The new version of the App is cool. Now can download shows and take offline. Very nice.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#7 OFFLINE   sonofcool

sonofcool

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

The new version of the App is cool. Now can download shows and take offline. Very nice.

Thanks for the heads-up. This looks promising, I hope they add more content over time.

#8 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 706 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

If the SXM App is acting up, you can also use the MusicDock app to access SiriusXM stations using your login info....works great and I've found there to be no delay between the internet feed and satellite feed like there is on the SXM app :)

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#9 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Agreed, the App is very well done.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

spam firewall