Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

There was a problem connecting to your device (Error 2).

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cpmodem

cpmodem

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

I didn't have any luck with a forum search so I started a new thread. I can connect to my 922 via internet fine and read the schedule and browse my DVR recordings, but when I try to watch a DVR recorded event or live TV I get this error message after a minute or so:

Please try again later

I am using IE9 with Win7. The 922 is connected to a Linksys E3200 wirelessly.
TIA...
-John

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,499 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Have you tried another browser?

I don't know what browsers and versions are supported... but famously Dish has not always supported the most recent browser versions at first.

You could try an older IE... you could also try IE in 32-bit mode if you normally run it in 64-bit mode.

You could also try an older Firefox or Safari or some other browser and see if you get different results.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

rumer has it there is a 922 bug fix being released on the 13 th of this month.....when I see it i beleave it!!!!! And it will adress the Sling issues!

#4 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

I didn't have any luck with a forum search so I started a new thread. I can connect to my 922 via internet fine and read the schedule and browse my DVR recordings, but when I try to watch a DVR recorded event or live TV I get this error message after a minute or so:

Please try again later

I am using IE9 with Win7. The 922 is connected to a Linksys E3200 wirelessly.
TIA...
-John

This error code is pretty much a generic one but I would like to help you get this working. If you could send me a PM with your account information and also are you using DSL interent? Have you ever been able to use the sling at all? Have you attempted to connect with a different browser? Please let me know, thanks!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

spam firewall