Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV wins PC Magazine Reader's Choice Award

tv online

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,549 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

Way To Go Directv!!!

I am very happy with my Directv Experience and it just keeps getting better with WHDVR Service and now the upcoming HDGUI making our DVRs respond Faster and with all of the HD Programming I have and with 7 DVRs and 13 Terabytes of Storage Capacity I am Good To Go with Directv!!! :hurah:

Although modest in comparison in terms of storage and receivers, Whole House rocks, and I like the HD GUI and love my nomad....
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   padarjohn

padarjohn

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

I don't know what planet these people are from, or what DVR they're using.

I started with a DirectTV Tivo. When HD came out I "bought" and HR20 for $275. It sucked, but I didn't have any choice. When I got a 3D-capable TV about a year ago I was upgraded to an HR23. It's the worst piece of junk I've ever had to deal with. It often takes 5-10 seconds just to respond to a button press. When I called to complain they told me I "qualified for an upgrade", but they couldn't guarantee I wouldn't just be sent another HR23.

I'm sure PCMag was given the latest and greatest DVR to play with. But customers don't have that kind of choice. We're stuck with whatever DirecTV wants to send us. You might get and HR24, but more likely you'll get a refurbished HR22/23.

Every day that I use my HR23 I long for my old Tivo. Now DirecTV has an official Tivo product, but I was told I would have to "buy" it for $200 (and it would still belong to DirecTV, not me :mad:). I'm sorry, I already paid almost $300 to prepay a DirecTV DVR lease. For that price I'll go buy a refurb unit directly from Tivo and go off-the-air, and save ~$1000/year in the process.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...