Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

? about the HR23 HD DVR

sound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Digitalrain

Digitalrain

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hi all,
Im a bit confused. I ordered a HR23 HD DVR unit and was told it needed B-band converters which i ordered too. Ive been reading and find some info says it dont need the converters - so does it or doesnt? -- I have a slimline 5 none Swm LNB. just regular 5 sat Lnb.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,745 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

It doesn't need them in a non SWM environment. HR20-22 and 24 do.

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hi all,
Im a bit confused. I ordered a HR23 HD DVR unit and was told it needed B-band converters which i ordered too. Ive been reading and find some info says it dont need the converters - so does it or doesnt? -- I have a slimline 5 none Swm LNB. just regular 5 sat Lnb.

The 23s are the only receivers that use a wide-band SAT tuner chip. So there isn't any need for the BBCs, as the tuner chip does the same function.
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   Digitalrain

Digitalrain

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

OKay, thanks for the info - guess ill have to find someone to sell the b-bands to when i get them. Thanks again. :)

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

The chip in H[R]23 is BCM4507.

#6 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,857 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

OKay, thanks for the info - guess ill have to find someone to sell the b-bands to when i get them. Thanks again. :)

I would tuck them away on a shelf or in a drawer someplace in the event that HR23 ever gets replaced with some other HR2x model that would need them. They are free for the asking from DirecTV, so not much market for them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sound

spam firewall