Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

One 501 VOD Channel?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

So on my 922 I have only one channel 501 (VOD) now instead of like the 20 or so that are usually listed. Anyone else having this issue?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

I still have 20+ listings.

Has your receiver been going into standby overnight? That's when the movies are downloaded onto the receiver... so if it missed some nights and some older movies "expired" that could explain.

Hopefully it isn't a sign of an upcoming hard drive issue.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Yeah it is still set to the default 3:00am to check for updates and it is completely powered off each night.

Our 622 in the bedroom has like a dozen or so VOD channels in the guide but just the one channel on the 922. I did hard reset last night (no change) and tonight while talking to the CSR unplugged the power cable so maybe that will have some effect.

The CSR lady was nice and had never encountered this issue before so she said she would kick it over to engineering. Commencing the 5-7 days wait time for engineering to look at the ticket.

Funny thing for some reason our Dish account had our main contact phone number as (area code) 333-3333. Not sure how that happened! lol.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

I hope its just a glitch... otherwise watch for other things disappearing off the DVR.

Also, I assume by "completely powered off" you just mean both tuners in standby... since there is of course no real "off" unless you left it unplugged.

I still have a bunch of movies on mine.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:22 AM

The same thing happened to my 722k. I only had one PPV VOD. My 722k sleeps everynight at 11pm and wakes up at 2pm when I get home. My reboot is at 3am and I have no timer schduled during that window. The CSR said the same 'canned' response....'This is the first time I have seen this'. It seems like the CSR always seems every issues is the 'first time'. The CSR wanted me to do an RMA as the CSR said that the mother board on my 722k was fried and that the hard drive was about to fail. I told the CSR ummm OK thanks and left my 722k in a standby mode for 24 hores (did not turn it on). The next day...HOLY SHAT...:rolleyes: I had 20+ VOD PPV.

It must have been the motherboard and hard drive that got fried as the CSR mentioned. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: This was 6+ months ago.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...