Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Florida: Need Ku/Ka Dish installer near Clearwater

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DrDon

DrDon

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

Does anybody know of any local installers around the Clearwater area? I need to get a Ku/Ka DirecTV dish and lines run on a condo for future use.

Thanks

Doc

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SA Holly Springs GA

SA Holly Springs GA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Does anybody know of any local installers around the Clearwater area? I need to get a Ku/Ka DirecTV dish and lines run on a condo for future use.

Thanks

Doc

Do you have the equipment? (dish lnb etc)

If the price is right then I'll drive down there and do it.

#3 OFFLINE   DrDon

DrDon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:44 AM

Do you have the equipment? (dish lnb etc)

If the price is right then I'll drive down there and do it.

I don't mind making it worth someone's time, but I doubt it'll be enough to make it worth the drive. I'd hoped to find someone by now to see if I NEEDED to get the equipment or not. Up here in MI, installers are a heckuva lot easier to find.

Still looking. It's a tricky install in that the roof can't be used (tile) and installation on the front of the condo is prohibited. So it has to be a north-facing wall angled back to look over the roof.

Still interested? :)

#4 OFFLINE   SA Holly Springs GA

SA Holly Springs GA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

I don't mind making it worth someone's time, but I doubt it'll be enough to make it worth the drive. I'd hoped to find someone by now to see if I NEEDED to get the equipment or not. Up here in MI, installers are a heckuva lot easier to find.

Still looking. It's a tricky install in that the roof can't be used (tile) and installation on the front of the condo is prohibited. So it has to be a north-facing wall angled back to look over the roof.

Still interested? :)

Ya the drive is pretty brutal. My only concern is getting down there and not being able to install b/c of property mgment issues or w/e.

You think an under-eve mount would work? I would definitly be interested if there wasnt many restrictions or concerns but seens how your a little ways away... Let me just give you the number to a couple guys down there.

THE SATELLITE GUY
(518) 572-7327

GLOBALVIEW SATELLITE LLC
(727) 459-9676

#5 OFFLINE   DrDon

DrDon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

Satellite Guy wouldn't touch it. Very shy of condo associations, though this place has a management association. Big difference. And, naturally, the FCC is on my side if there's an issue. FCC vs Condo Rules = Condo Rules lose.

May have found a guy. Will know how that works out next week.

But yeah, there's an eve that should work. Something HAS to. Even if it winds up in the front yard behind a hedge.

And thanks so much for the numbers.

Edited by DrDon, 17 November 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   DrDon

DrDon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Ya the drive is pretty brutal. My only concern is getting down there and not being able to install b/c of property mgment issues or w/e.

You think an under-eve mount would work? I would definitly be interested if there wasnt many restrictions or concerns but seens how your a little ways away...

Under eve WILL work. Contacted the Association and they know they have no legal ground, but asked nicely for me to keep it out of view of the street.

So, the under-eve works. Trouble is, it's still a tough mounting job. Current quote is $550 (includes all equipment, labor)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...