Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hooking stereo system to remote TV2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

I have a VIP622 in my house with TV2 connected out in my unattached garage 25' away via coax cable. I want to connect TV2 to the stereo system I have out there but need some kind of audio connector to do this. Is there some way to do this? My stereo receiver has no coax connector on it.
Thanks,
Snyde

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,795 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

Couple of options -

If your garage TV2 has red /white analog outs - use them. Or maybe an old VCR - the tape part doesn't need to work - just the tuner and the outputs for audio.

if it doesn't - you need to pull 2 cables going from the 622 TV2 red/white outputs to the garage into the stereo.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#3 OFFLINE   MCHuf

MCHuf

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

I have a VIP622 in my house with TV2 connected out in my unattached garage 25' away via coax cable. I want to connect TV2 to the stereo system I have out there but need some kind of audio connector to do this. Is there some way to do this? My stereo receiver has no coax connector on it.
Thanks,
Snyde

Does your TV2 have composite inputs? If so, then do what I did. Get some long composite cables from monoprice.com. I bought a 25' set for my set-up, and they have longer. The cables are made out of RG59 or RG6, depending on what you want to spend. Connect the yellow to your tv and the red/white to your receiver. Other wise you can just do audio out from the tv, like scooper mentioned. You can also connect long lengths of red/white cable to just the reciever if your tv doesn't have audio out or composite in. I don't like the vcr option myself. Adding another component creates another place where something can fail.

One other thing I just thought of that may affect your decision. Does the VIP622 output stereo from TV2 coax? Most cable boxes don't output stereo from coax and the VIP622 might be the same.

#4 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hey Scoop,;)
That's a great idea, and one I should have thought of.:o It gives me something to do with a VCR besides using it for a dust collector. :smoking:
Brilliant!!
Thanks,
Snyde

Couple of options -

If your garage TV2 has red /white analog outs - use them. Or maybe an old VCR - the tape part doesn't need to work - just the tuner and the outputs for audio.

if it doesn't - you need to pull 2 cables going from the 622 TV2 red/white outputs to the garage into the stereo.

#5 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

These are some fun projects. I have a 722k and I have RG6 connected to several sets throughout the house. I can watch TV1 or TV2 content at various places in our home. Also, I have ran some cables to a box in the basement of the home and then into the home intercom and a low power FM transmitter. That way I can select one of the following:

-Home Computer Audio

-Internet Radio Audio

-Zenith DTT 901 Converter Box Audio

Since it also is sent to an FM transmitter, I can pretty much tune the FM audio on 87.9 mHz anywhere in the house, attached garage, detached garage, or horse barn and listen to whatever is selected.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...