Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Will 922 continue to copy media to external drive when off?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hevnbnd

hevnbnd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

Quick question. Just got a new 922 and am backing up all my recordings to a usb drive. If I hit power off on the remote will it continue copying the data over to the usb drive?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

did you try ? tell us how it works

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,857 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Honestly, the only way to know for sure is to try. I think it is supposed to... but when in standby the receiver could take an update or something while you are away and that definitely would interrupt the transfer (I've had it happen to me).

I think the safer way is to just move small batches of programs when you are watching other things and have the receiver on... that's how I do it, because I have had problems in the past with the transfer failing overnight and then I never know why it failed.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#4 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

Also, be aware that you are moving the content not copying.

#5 OFFLINE   JeffN9

JeffN9

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

I've turned my 922 off many times while it was still transferring something to one of my EHD's and the process continued just fine.

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

The process is a copy immediately followed by the deletion of the program from the internal drive after it is successfully copied to the EHD.

If the process is interrupted it will either revert to status before the "move" or it will complete (possible repeat) the process after the interruption is over.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   MrC

MrC

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

I just transferred 750g worth in off mode.
ViP 922 + ViP 722

Protected By... spam firewall...And...