Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV bad playback after DCCK hook-up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hdwannabee

hdwannabee

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

I recently moved and when the tech came out to hook up everything, he set up MRV and everything worked great. I have an H21, 2 HR22s, 2 HR23s, and 2 HR24s. I did not realize at the time that he did not hook me up to the internet.
So when I called D, they told me I had to order a Directv Cinema Connection Kit, which I did and I connected it today.
I was able to access Directv Cinema without a problem, but now when I try to view a program over MRV, it plays back very choppy. That is, it plays for a couple of seconds, then pauses, then continues. It is really unwatchable. I have tried and repeated this from different receivers and playing a program from different playlists.
Any idea why connecting the Directv Cinema Connection Kit would have such an effect on MRV playback?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Since it works here fine for me, I wonder what your setup is like.
Could you post a diagram of how and what is connected?
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   ts7

ts7

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

I'm guessing before you added Direct Cinema that your TV network was isolated from your computer network. If you disconnect it does performance return to normal?

I'm guessing you are experiencing heavy network traffic on your computer network that is affecting the MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   hdwannabee

hdwannabee

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for the replies.
I will work on getting a diagram up in a little bit.
I connected the DCCK up to one of my HR24s. I first wired it via ethernet to my router. But since I was having the MRV problems, I disconnected the DCCK from the router. With it just connected through the coax (not to internet at all) I still have the MRV playback problems.
I then activated the wireless setup on the DCCK, internet OK again, but still problems with MRV.
I am beginning to think it may be how the installers set up the coax distribution. I will take a better look at it and post a description later today.

#5 OFFLINE   hdwannabee

hdwannabee

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

Here is a rough drawing. 4 wires coming down from the dish to the SWM. 2 coax coming from the swm to the wireing cabinet. 1 goes to the power inserter (I think), the other goes to one of the 1x8 splitters which has 4 DVRs coming out of it. There is another coax coming out of the power inserter which goes to the other 1x8 splitter which feeds the remaining boxes.
Sorry the sketch is not very good.

Attached Thumbnails

• DTV wiring.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

You haven't showed where the CCK was added.
You look to have a SWiM-16, with 2 outputs.

You might go to the HR24s and run a coax test from the front panel, by pressing the guide & > at the same time. [might take a few tries to get the menu]. Select coax, and list the results here.
Next run the PHY MESH test an post those too.
A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   hdwannabee

hdwannabee

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

The CCK is on one of 4 the coax cables coming off of one on the 1x8 splitters. It is between the splitter and the HR24.
I will try the test and see what it shows.

spam firewall