Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote Audio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   anotheruser

anotheruser

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

I've got a co-worker I am assisting with completing his home network and some audio/video stuff.

Essentially what we have is 1 coax and 1 ethernet into multiple rooms, all coming to a central point. My plan was to setup a patch panel, switches etc for the ethernet and all coax is currently coming out of a box in the wall.

He has a dish network setup, 2 boxes 4 tvs. He also has an antenna hooked to another TV in the bathroom.

One challenge is he has run speaker wire into the bathroom out to the main room where a receiver sits. What he wants to do is be able to listen to either the radio or whatever channel he is on in the bathroom. What would be the best way of going about this?

Same situation will probably apply to the TV/Speakers that will be placed outside except this TV will be hooked to DISH BUT probably over coax on TV2.

I'm sure more details will be needed so just ask. Really the only thing I can say is the chance of adding another cable to either location is slim.

I guess another thing he wants to try to do is get the HD outside. I'm not sure the ethernet will be used for networking so that may help here? Again, need help with ideas.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   anotheruser

anotheruser

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

No ideas on this one guys? :confused:

#3 OFFLINE   John Williams

John Williams

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

There's a lot of info that's being left out.
Are there speakers in the main room as well? If so, is it 2 channel, 5.1, 7.1, etc...?
Is there speaker wire already ran to the outside location? Are there any other locations speaker wire has been ran too (or will be)?
What kind of receiver is in the main room that you mentioned (make & model)?
Do the speaker wires that are ran to other rooms go straight to the speaker locations or are they looped thru a box (like volume control)?
Is one of the DishNetwork receivers located in the main room? If so, is this the receiver that TV2 will go to the outdoor TV?

With this info, we can help you out.

#4 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

Without running wires, the only solution is wireless. There are a number of wireless speaker solutions. They all require power at the speaker which may make this setup less than ideal. Googel 'wirelss speakers' and see the plethora of options.

spam firewall