Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Philadelphia DMA News
Posted 23 April 2002 - 09:58 PM
1) WWAC 53 has increased power. The infamous Full Power Atlantic City channel with previously only a 14 mile Grade B contour can now be picked up in Camden County, 50 miles away. Its very weak and PQ is barely watchable with my setup, but they definitely increased power as I can view picture. For DBS and Comcast, they run fiber lines, but this is the first time I get the station OTA. The same happened with WTVE 51/Reading awhile back and I get a Picture on Channel 51 now, previously nothing. Channel 51 good.
2) There is a new LP ? channel on Channel 36 airing TBN. I think they were on Channel 40 before.
3) Channel 33 LP is off the air and has been for over a month. W33BT. They used to air Home Shopping Espanol. Channel 63-LP comes in still good, they air America's Store.
4) WFPA 28-LP Telefutura a CLass A station looks better. Maybe its the time of night, but I dont see as much interference before but this maybe subjective.
WBPH 60 Bethlehem, a Full Power station, is supposed to increase power next month, I have to wait & see.
Posted 23 April 2002 - 10:04 PM
But except for that station, I'll soon be able to get all the Full Power stations licensed to Philly DMA after WBPH 60 increases power. Of course, PQ will vary, some stations hardly watchable but with the correct antenna a picture from all full power stations (except WMGM) will be/is possible
Posted 25 April 2002 - 07:30 AM
It was probably just skip, that I got it. Summer weather at night gets me channels now again from distant areas.
Posted 25 April 2002 - 07:34 AM
I live in Central CT and last year I was able to pull in a stations from Ohio, Washington DC and one from Canada of all places! (The canadian one I didnt catch its call letters but I knew it was Canadain as it had the CBC logo on the screen.
I am gonna move this topic over to our NEW Broadcast Forum