Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Philadelphia DMA News

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2002 - 09:58 PM

I just rehooked my line for my antenna and noticed few things

1) WWAC 53 has increased power. The infamous Full Power Atlantic City channel with previously only a 14 mile Grade B contour can now be picked up in Camden County, 50 miles away. Its very weak and PQ is barely watchable with my setup, but they definitely increased power as I can view picture. For DBS and Comcast, they run fiber lines, but this is the first time I get the station OTA. The same happened with WTVE 51/Reading awhile back and I get a Picture on Channel 51 now, previously nothing. Channel 51 good.
2) There is a new LP ? channel on Channel 36 airing TBN. I think they were on Channel 40 before.
3) Channel 33 LP is off the air and has been for over a month. W33BT. They used to air Home Shopping Espanol. Channel 63-LP comes in still good, they air America's Store.
4) WFPA 28-LP Telefutura a CLass A station looks better. Maybe its the time of night, but I dont see as much interference before but this maybe subjective.

WBPH 60 Bethlehem, a Full Power station, is supposed to increase power next month, I have to wait & see.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2002 - 10:04 PM

That I wont get now is WMGM 40 (NBC)-Wildwood. It'd be great if they could increase power.

But except for that station, I'll soon be able to get all the Full Power stations licensed to Philly DMA after WBPH 60 increases power. Of course, PQ will vary, some stations hardly watchable but with the correct antenna a picture from all full power stations (except WMGM) will be/is possible

#3 OFFLINE   BrettR

BrettR

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 07:30 AM

Sorry for the misinformation. WWAC didnt increase power. I contacted them yesterday, and they say they havent. They dont even have an application on the FCC site for increase of power except for digital.

It was probably just skip, that I got it. Summer weather at night gets me channels now again from distant areas.

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 07:34 AM

I always love Skip season!

I live in Central CT and last year I was able to pull in a stations from Ohio, Washington DC and one from Canada of all places! (The canadian one I didnt catch its call letters but I knew it was Canadain as it had the CBC logo on the screen.

I am gonna move this topic over to our NEW Broadcast Forum :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...