Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

American Chopper

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

I found it interesting that last night's episode featured Paul Jr's shop doing a build for the 911 memorial while over at OCC, they were doing a build for a Saudi Arabian customer. Unless you beleive the conspiracy theorists, the 911 attacks were planned and carried out by, among others, several Saudi Arabians, making the builds in this episode kinda ironic. I wonder if these builds were actually being done at the same time or just edited to appear that way. It does seem that the show has taken on a more pro JR stance this season tho. By the way, the Arabian bike looks ridiculous.

Edited by VDP07, 15 November 2011 - 07:39 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

In fairness OCC did do a 9/11 tribute bike for the tenth anniversary a few episodes back. I don't know if it is more "taking a stance" or OCC is just getting that bad and there is no way to show them in a better light.

I laughed for a good minute at the horse that they had plastered on in the rendering. There really is no comparison between that and the totally hand made I beam frame that PJD did in the same episode. I wonder if they weren't shown at the same time because OCC did cut their frame and sort of hand made it, just like they both built a trike around the same time, or at least aired at the same time.

#3 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Great season this year so far! Can't wait for those episodes with Jesse James at the beginning of Dec.

The "pro PJD" leaning you may see is because the fans want that... Look at the voting for the head-to-head Cadillac build, PJD's bike got voted over the OCC bike by huge numbers.

Personally I don't want to see either of the companies fail, ever, but also right now (or at least at the beginning) PJD had it a little more "rough". They didn't have all the tools at their disposal like OCC has but that gap is narrowing.

And the whole Father/Sons thing is fine with me, if they didn't talk about it ever again, I wouldn't miss it.

edit: I am trying to find the official numbers for the vote/auction of the build off but I only can find this: http://dsc.discovery...er-auction.html

I wanted to find numbers to back my words up but google is being elusive. :grin:

Edited by webby_s, 15 November 2011 - 02:16 PM.

SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

#4 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

edit: I am trying to find the official numbers for the vote/auction of the build off but I only can find this: http://dsc.discovery...er-auction.html

I wanted to find numbers to back my words up but google is being elusive. :grin:

I'll vouch for you.

I don't remember the exact results either, but it was something like 50,000 votes for Seniors caddy and 500,000 votes for Juniors.

Of course, Juniors bike was much nicer, but the results still stunned me.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#5 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 876 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

PJD has turned out some very good bikes.They looked like they are one of a kind designs.

OCC just seemed to be turning out choppers as fast as they could to avoid bankruptcy.

#6 OFFLINE   yogi

yogi

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

OMG
PJD put out, One bike at a time. The whole company works on one bike.
On the 911 bike. They had a company come in to do the frame.

It's kind of funny now, Jr. shop is clean. Tools are not in a big pile. No empty coffee cups. And he doesn't disappear anymore.

So far, I won't buy ether of PJD or OCC bike's I saw on TV. But, then again I couldn't afford them anyway.

#7 ONLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

I am finding myself enjoying this season over any other, I hated the fighting in the past, it was very sad. I am leaning big time towards Paul JR. Designs, very innovative for a much smaller company.

PS
Free Rick:)

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#8 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

I stopped watching for a couple of seasons as the fighting got to be a bit much. This season, however, has totally gotten me back into the show. PJD bikes are amazing. No comparison, really.

And while I used to like Jesse James, he's a really hard guy to like now.

#9 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

To me the most amazing custom bike out there right now is the Gears Of War 3 trike. Where in the world has that ever been done. To me that thing is amazing and I would love to see it in person. And who made it, PJD, not that I want anyone to win but that is some quality coming out of that shop.
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

spam firewall