Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Directv h.d. receivers woes!

whole home dvr

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   macho1

macho1

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:19 AM

:grin: Putting up a slimline dish with a sl5 slimline five lnb for a friend but having a problem getting a signal. I'm thinking the problem might be that when i connect my sat finder to the cable coming from lnb and the other cable to receiver from my sat finder i should be hearing a beeping sound letting me know that i have the correct cable going into the house which then goes to sat in on hd recvr. I only get the beeping sound when my friend has to reset it at recvr and even then it only stays on for about a minute then goes off. If anyone knows why this is occuring i would be very grateful for your input. One last question, by using this slimline dish and the sL5 lnb will this be enough to pick up all sats including the ones for hd or do i need to use any type of switch? Just a fyi , i'm only running one cable from dish to living room. Thanks again.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mobandit

mobandit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

:grin: Putting up a slimline dish with a sl5 slimline five lnb for a friend but having a problem getting a signal. I'm thinking the problem might be that when i connect my sat finder to the cable coming from lnb and the other cable to receiver from my sat finder i should be hearing a beeping sound letting me know that i have the correct cable going into the house which then goes to sat in on hd recvr. I only get the beeping sound when my friend has to reset it at recvr and even then it only stays on for about a minute then goes off. If anyone knows why this is occuring i would be very grateful for your input. One last question, by using this slimline dish and the sL5 lnb will this be enough to pick up all sats including the ones for hd or do i need to use any type of switch? Just a fyi , i'm only running one cable from dish to living room. Thanks again.

Audio feedback on the sat signal meters hasn't worked real well for a long time, IIRC.

No switch needed, but with only one coax you will only have one tuner available....

ETCM (SS/SW), USN (RET)
22 years, 4 months, 9 days

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

I'm going to move this one to the Installation forum.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#4 OFFLINE   macho1

macho1

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

Audio feedback on the sat signal meters hasn't worked real well for a long time, IIRC.

No switch needed, but with only one coax you will only have one tuner available....

Thanks alot for the info. Have a great day!:hurah:

#5 OFFLINE   macho1

macho1

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

I'm going to move this one to the Installation forum.

Sorry about that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whole home dvr

Protected By... spam firewall...And...