Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bad Luck?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

Tuesday of this week my 622 died. I was about 3 or 4 years old and it was the 4 one I have had since they came out. I called Dish and asked for a 722 as a replacement. No problem they tell me, I just have to "reup" for two more years. They tell me they are going to overnight the new receiver to me. OK so far so good..............Next day UPS comes to my door and drops off a box with the new receiver. One problem, it's a 622 not the 722. Call Dish again, they apologize and set up a service call for a tech to come out and swap out the 622 for a 722 for yesterday morning. Instillation goes fine. Yesterday evening I noticed while watching "paused" TV there was some audio dropout and some pixelation............ switched to live TV and all was good. This morning around 1:00 AM I started hearing the new receiver making noises......non-stop noises until 5:00 AM when I turned on the receiver. BIG ERROR MESSAGE - HARD DRIVE FAILURE. Three resets later still no hard drive. Two phone calls later I convince customer service that they should have a tech come out and do the swap out instead of me having to wait a week for a replacement shipped UPS. Is this hard drive problem common? The unit had less than 3 hours on it.
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

Location - Mt. WhereinthehellamI? So. Utah

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MikeJH@DISH Network

MikeJH@DISH Network

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

Tuesday of this week my 622 died. I was about 3 or 4 years old and it was the 4 one I have had since they came out. I called Dish and asked for a 722 as a replacement. No problem they tell me, I just have to "reup" for two more years. They tell me they are going to overnight the new receiver to me. OK so far so good..............Next day UPS comes to my door and drops off a box with the new receiver. One problem, it's a 622 not the 722. Call Dish again, they apologize and set up a service call for a tech to come out and swap out the 622 for a 722 for yesterday morning. Instillation goes fine. Yesterday evening I noticed while watching "paused" TV there was some audio dropout and some pixelation............ switched to live TV and all was good. This morning around 1:00 AM I started hearing the new receiver making noises......non-stop noises until 5:00 AM when I turned on the receiver. BIG ERROR MESSAGE - HARD DRIVE FAILURE. Three resets later still no hard drive. Two phone calls later I convince customer service that they should have a tech come out and do the swap out instead of me having to wait a week for a replacement shipped UPS. Is this hard drive problem common? The unit had less than 3 hours on it.

I am sorry to hear that there have been multiple issues with the DVR, I would be happy to assist you with getting this corrected. Please PM your account information.

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,821 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

The unit had less than 3 hours on it.

Chances are it had a lot more than three hours on it before it was delivered to you.

While your experience isn't typical, that is typically how electronics failures go: they either die right away or last a few years.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

Bad luck IMO, a couple years ago I had a replacement 722 die after a week. The next replacement has been working fine.

#5 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

I am sorry to hear that there have been multiple issues with the DVR, I would be happy to assist you with getting this corrected. Please PM your account information.

Thanks Much

After a couple more phone calls a tech was at my door this afternoon with another 722. If this one fails I'll let you know.
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

Location - Mt. WhereinthehellamI? So. Utah

spam firewall