Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Skyrim

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,403 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Well, I finally broke down and bought it, and I'm impressed. It's not crashed on me once (knock on wood).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

The first unofficial patch should be out fairly soon, fixes quite a few things as well (quest fixes, item placement etc.)

#23 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

I sunk in so many hours into this game, i ended up putting it down once i got battlefield 3 though.
On my main file i was running around with a Khajit in full daedra armor, had archery and sneak skills leveled up nicely to offset the heavy armor weight and would use a daedra bow at distance, daedra dagger for sneak kills (there over powered lol) and would fight anything that survived that unarmed as khajit+daedra gauntlets= over powered.

I miss this game but gosh, battlefield 3 online multiplayer is far more addicting x.x

#24 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

I believe Headbomb's Weapons and Armor Fix adjusts these levels to make them more balanced.

For PC users I also highly recommend Sounds of Skyrim (Wildlife and Dungeons are done so far), adds a lot of immersion, along with SkyUI (requires Skyrim Script Extender).

#25 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

I've lost many nights and weekends to this game. It's so hard to turn off once you are playing.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#26 OFFLINE   mobandit

mobandit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

I am really stinkin' angry! I have a level 63 warrior...great weapons and armor...and this character is horribly glitched! I have several locations that I don't dare enter, as my Xbox locks as soon as I do. I can fast travel, but if I run the trails/roads, then I will have a lock within ten minutes...I have over 200 hours invested in developing this character...

Anyone got any ideas?

ETCM (SS/SW), USN (RET)
22 years, 4 months, 9 days

#27 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

I do not, but you might want to sign up for the forums over there, forums.bethsoft.com and post in the XBOX area. They may have suggestions. I know Bethesda has worked with some to get their saved games to find bugs.

Some of the ones they've found manifest with particular combinations of things, certain quests open in certain stages, with particular items etc. It gets fairly complex.

#28 OFFLINE   mobandit

mobandit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

I do not, but you might want to sign up for the forums over there, forums.bethsoft.com and post in the XBOX area. They may have suggestions. I know Bethesda has worked with some to get their saved games to find bugs.

Some of the ones they've found manifest with particular combinations of things, certain quests open in certain stages, with particular items etc. It gets fairly complex.

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

UPDATE: It appears that after reaching higher levels (and accumulating a lot of stuff, visiting a lot of places, etc.) each time you save the game the savefile becomes too large. This is causing repeated freezes for a lot of Xbox 360 players. Time for a new patch, come on Bethesda!

Edited by mobandit, 08 March 2012 - 12:41 PM.
Added new information

ETCM (SS/SW), USN (RET)

#29 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Makes me glad I'm on PC. Of course I have several fix mods loaded and waiting for the first version of the "big kahuna".

Beta 2 of the first version of the unofficial patch is out. Fixes a ton of bugs. Keep in mind, the unofficial Oblivion patch took something like three years before he considered it complete. These are jut a couple of guys working on this as a hobby.

http://forums.bethso...patch-thread-3/

Edited by dpeters11, 21 March 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   mobandit

mobandit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

Well, the console patch (1.5) is in the hands of Microsoft for "certification." It'll be another week or three before we see it. Until then, I have quit playing anything.

ETCM (SS/SW), USN (RET)

#31 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

I don't know if it applies to XBox, but I had the same problem with PS3 version.

I disabled auto-save features and the lockups went away. Not ideal because you have to remember to do manual saves regularly.
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#32 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Unofficial patch beta 3 is available, soon to be released as version 1. The fix list is quite impressive. They expect to work on it for a few years.

http://forums.bethso...patch-thread-4/

#33 OFFLINE   mobandit

mobandit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

The 1.5 patch for Xbox did not resolve my issues...best guess, delete the character and start over. Thanks, Bethesda!

ETCM (SS/SW), USN (RET)

#34 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

Check your keys. There is a bug where the Museum key will duplicate itself. If you have a ton of them find a chest in a dungeon (do not just drop them) and then put them in there and leave.

I just started playing this game after I shelved it 3 days after release day due to broken quests. It's too bad this game still has so many issues.

Oh and I don't know why everyone is afraid of the dragons. Get a horse and see what it does to a dragon. IMO the horses are the ones that will take over.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#35 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

Are you on PC or console? If you're on PC it would probably be worth reporting on here, I don't see it previously reported.

https://unofficialsk...m/projects/7078

They are up to 1698 bugs reported to the Unofficial patch project.

#36 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

1.5 launched on xbox today. It fixed some issues but the companions quest is still bugged.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#37 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,403 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

That bug has been driving me bonkers.

In related news, the first DLC has been announced.

http://www.uesp.net/...kyrim:Dawnguard

You know, it's odd how the board inserts that smiley, but at least the link works.

Edited by Draconis, 04 May 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#38 OFFLINE   mobandit

mobandit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

That bug has been driving me bonkers.

In related news, the first DLC has been announced.

http://www.uesp.net/...kyrim:Dawnguard

You know, it's odd how the board inserts that smiley, but at least the link works.

And the DLC is well worth the 1600 Microsoft points required to download it!

ETCM (SS/SW), USN (RET)

#39 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

PS3 user here, I cant wait for Dawngaurd.

My main character is level 81 all leveled up legit ( I didnt use any glitches or bugs for free level ups). So its nice knowing there might be some monsters that can actually stand a chance against my character.

Im currently running a Altmer in Nightangale light armor that has been fortified to the max armor rating *567, you can go further but it wont matter*, Also rocking a maxed out daedric sword and maxed out nightangale blade. Not even ancient dragons or giants survive my power hit with both swords on master difficulty :<

#40 OFFLINE   mobandit

mobandit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

PS3 user here, I cant wait for Dawngaurd.

My main character is level 81 all leveled up legit ( I didnt use any glitches or bugs for free level ups). So its nice knowing there might be some monsters that can actually stand a chance against my character.

Im currently running a Altmer in Nightangale light armor that has been fortified to the max armor rating *567, you can go further but it wont matter*, Also rocking a maxed out daedric sword and maxed out nightangale blade. Not even ancient dragons or giants survive my power hit with both swords on master difficulty :<

I had to delete my "leveled" character...still working on a new one...Nord warrior currently at Level 57...wearing Dawnguard armor at 718...I know, overkill. Dragonbone bow with dragonbone arrows, war axe, and greatsword...dragonbone weapons do more damage than daedric...all with fire damage enhancements and maxed out tempering.

ETCM (SS/SW), USN (RET)

spam firewall