Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DEXTER Renewed for Two More Seasons; Show Will Likely End After Season 8

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

"While negotiations for a seventh season of Showtime’s smash hit series Dexter came to a stalemate earlier last month, unsurprisingly all parties involved have finally come to an agreement as the network has renewed the show for two more seasons. The series is the hallmark of Showtime’s original programming, and even though it’s in its sixth season the ratings continue to rise from week to week."

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,961 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

Good, I was worried by the stalemate.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Carolina

Carolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

I don't know whether to say I'm early with my comments since Dexter won't be on again until the Fall or late because this news came out some time ago? I really wonder if Michael and Jennifer hadn't gotten "involved" in "real life", if the show wouldn't have gone on longer? I know Michael says he wants to do other things, but it still must be a terrible strain on both him and Jennifer to still be together on the show after what happened in "real life".

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

I don't know whether to say I'm early with my comments since Dexter won't be on again until the Fall or late because this news came out some time ago? I really wonder if Michael and Jennifer hadn't gotten "involved" in "real life", if the show wouldn't have gone on longer? I know Michael says he wants to do other things, but it still must be a terrible strain on both him and Jennifer to still be together on the show after what happened in "real life".

Their personal lives have no bearing on how long the show goes on.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   Carolina

Carolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

Their personal lives have no bearing on how long the show goes on.

I certainly think it could. Michael wanted more money and he said he wanted to do other things, but I wonder if he wasn't just trying to end Dexter quicker because he and Jennifer have to work together?

#6 OFFLINE   jdh8668

jdh8668

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

After her discovery at the end of last season, there is only so much direction the show can go. Season 4 has been the best so far with the Trinity Killer.

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

I certainly think it could. Michael wanted more money and he said he wanted to do other things, but I wonder if he wasn't just trying to end Dexter quicker because he and Jennifer have to work together?

If you've read any interviews with either of them since the split, where working with each other is mentioned, you'd know you're incorrect. They say it was an amicable split and that they both enjoy working with each other.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

Showtime Officially Announces Season 8 Will Be The End

Final Season Premiere: Sunday, June 30 at 9 PM ET/PT

#9 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

I'm going to give the first Episode of season 8 a go. The ending of 7 truly bothered me. For me, they had Dexter cross a line he had never crossed before. It's taken something away for me. But, I've invested this much time into it, so i'll at least give them some sort of redemptionary shot with episode 1. Even though that's a character change bell that can't be un-rung.

#10 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

My wife is a fan.  Needless to say it's the only timer that never gets erased.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#11 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'm going to give the first Episode of season 8 a go. The ending of 7 truly bothered me. For me, they had Dexter cross a line he had never crossed before. It's taken something away for me. But, I've invested this much time into it, so i'll at least give them some sort of redemptionary shot with episode 1. Even though that's a character change bell that can't be un-rung.

Your not curious to see how they finish out the series?  I mean there are several options I could think of that would really throw a twist into it.  No telling how it will end.  I am not even sure how I want it to end.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#12 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

I am not even sure how I want it to end.

I don't want it to end at all.  lol

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#13 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

I don't want it to end at all.  lol

Not saying I do either.  Below are a few different ways I thought of already that the show could end.  I really dont know which one will be satisifying.

1.  Trinity Killer comes back and finishes him off.

2.  Dexter turns himself in.

3.  Cops catch him.

4.  Deb set's him up and he gets caught.  (Not sure why she was undercover in the preview in the new season, guessing she is no longer captain).

5.  Gets killed trying to kill someone else.

6.  One of Rita's kids kill him.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#14 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Not saying I do either.  Below are a few different ways I thought of already that the show could end.  I really dont know which one will be satisifying.

6.  One of Rita's kids kill him.

Astor

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Protected By... spam firewall...And...