Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ABC announces mid-season schedule

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

"Winter Wipeout" will replace the failed series "Charlie's Angels" until March 15 when "Missing," the new 13-episode drama starring Ashley Judd will premier.

On Tuesday, January 3, the comedy "Work It" replace "Man Up" which has had poor ratings.

And on Sunday at 10:00 "GCB", aka "Good Christian Belles" will replace "Pan Am."

The mid-season premiers schedule looks like this:

Monday, January 2
8:00 The Bachelor

Tuesday, January 3
8:30 “Work It
9:00 “Celebrity Wife Swap”

Thursday, January 5
8:00 “Winter Wipeout”

Friday, February 3

8:00 "Shark Tank”

Tuesday, February 7
9:00 “The River

Sunday, March 4
10:00 “GCB

Thursday, March 15
8:00 “Missing

Monday, March 19
8:00 “Dancing with the Stars”

Tuesday, March 27
9:00 “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show”

But there are some puzzles. "Cougar Town" is missing. And so are newbies, including Shonda Rhimes' political drama "Scandal" starring Kerry Washington and "Apartment 23" starring Krysten Ritter, Dreama Walker and James Van Der Beek.

Edited by phrelin, 19 November 2011 - 12:13 AM.
typo; edit futon critic link for "GBC"

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,315 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

'Charlies Angels' was on ABC? From the quality of the show, I thought it was NBC.

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

I thought it was "Good Christian Bitches"? Not surprised Pan Am will be gone though.

I was looking forward to the return of Cougar Town and Apartment 23, which I had heard got its name changed back to "Don't trust the bitch in apartment 23" but censored like "$*@% My Dad Says" was.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

So, is PanAm cancelled or just in between seasons?
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#5 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

I like Pan Am, I can certainly live without it but hope it stays on for a little while.

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#6 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

I thought it was "Good Christian Bitches"? Not surprised Pan Am will be gone though.

So, is PanAm cancelled or just in between seasons?

From TheWrap via Reuters:

ABC announced its midseason premiere schedule Friday, revealing that the new series "GCB" (short for "Good Christian Belles," originally "Good Christian Bitches") will occupy the slot following "Desperate Housewives," debuting Sunday, March 4 at 10 p.m.

...As for "Pan Am," an ABC spokesperson told TheWrap that the series is "still in production -- it will continue filming and we plan on airing all the episodes."

Apparently this is the new way things get canceled. They show the episodes they've ordered and then go on hiatus until never. TVby theNumbers says:

...Pan Am will get one additional episode ordered in addition to the 13 originally ordered for this season.... There's at least one site out there that incredulously quoted ABC as noting that Pan Am was "technically being considered for a second season". I wonder if that line was delivered with a straight face.

Regarding the name of "GBC" the show is based on a book "Good Christian Bitches".

I was looking forward to the return of Cougar Town and Apartment 23, which I had heard got its name changed back to "Don't trust the bitch in apartment 23" but censored like "$*@% My Dad Says" was.

TVby theNumbers says:

No mention of Scandal or Apartment 23 (also entitled The B**** in Apartment 23), both of which were in ABC's original 2011-12 season line up announcement. No news is unlikely to be good news in this case, but we will have to wait and see.

Variety says the name of the show is "Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23" which will probably become "DTTBIA23".:sure:

Regarding "Cougar Town", James Hibbard of Inside TV says:

...Now comes word that the comedy’s episode order has been reduced from 22 to 15 half hours this season.

ABC has been fortunate enough to have launched a couple successful new comedies in the fall, with Suburgatory doing really well and Last Man Standing performing okay. The bigger surprise has been last season’s midseason effort Happy Endings, which grew into a solid partner for Modern Family — in Cougar Town‘s 9:30 p.m. slot.

Insiders say the reduction is all about managing their inventory needs, and not a slight against the show, and it’s true enough that if Cougar Town performs strong for its 15 episode order when it finally does return sometime this season, ABC wouldn’t be shy about ordering more.

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#7 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,225 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:49 AM

"Winter Wipeout" will replace the failed series "Charlie's Angels" until March 15 when "Missing," the new 13-episode drama starring Ashley Judd will premier.

On Tuesday, January 3, the comedy "Work It" replace "Man Up" which has had poor ratings.

And on Sunday at 10:00 "GCB", aka "Good Christian Belles" will replace "Pan Am."

The mid-season premiers schedule looks like this:

Monday, January 2
8:00 The Bachelor

Tuesday, January 3
8:30 “Work It
9:00 “Celebrity Wife Swap”

Thursday, January 5
8:00 “Winter Wipeout”

Friday, February 3

8:00 "Shark Tank”

Tuesday, February 7
9:00 “The River

Sunday, March 4
10:00 “GCB

Thursday, March 15
8:00 “Missing

Monday, March 19
8:00 “Dancing with the Stars”

Tuesday, March 27
9:00 “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show”

But there are some puzzles. "Cougar Town" is missing. And so are newbies, including Shonda Rhimes' political drama "Scandal" starring Kerry Washington and "Apartment 23" starring Krysten Ritter, Dreama Walker and James Van Der Beek.

The Bachelor again? Same ole, same ole...some hot stud picks a gorgeous chick, they "fall in love" (cough, cough), then months later we read about in People magazine their drama-filled breakup. Puh-leeze! :rolleyes:

Kinda like that Southwest pilot Jake two Januarys ago who just couldn't stick with a girl to save his life. Uh, probably because he's gay (or so sayeth a bunch of gals and others with "inside" knowledge). :eek2: :lol:

Edited by Lord Vader, 19 November 2011 - 01:50 AM.
Edited to note that this is not an attack on being gay.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#8 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:39 AM

MISSING INFO

You can watch the promo for Missing on YouTube, though Ashley Jubb sounds like she's half asleep while reading her lines. If you're willing to sit through a 30 minute panel discussion with Ashley and the production team, you might find this YouTube video interesting. Sounds like all 10 episodes were already done back in the summer.

It sounds like the show has been designed and packaged to be international-sales friendly, something often done in films, but rarely for TV shows.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#9 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

From TheWrap via Reuters: Apparently this is the new way things get canceled. They show the episodes they've ordered and then go on hiatus until never. TVby theNumbers says: Regarding the name of "GBC" the show is based on a book "Good Christian Bitches".

TVby theNumbers says:Variety says the name of the show is "Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23" which will probably become "DTTBIA23".:sure:

Regarding "Cougar Town", James Hibbard of Inside TV says:

hmmmm, all very interesting. Thanks for the info Phrelin.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#10 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

It's strange that the Cougar Town cast is doing all the walk-ons on other shows (I saw the blonde chick on the last episode of Happy Endings - weird since that show might have kicked them to the curb), and then gets their episode number reduced.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#11 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,172 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

At least the kids have Winter WipeOut to look forward to.

As for the rest of the ABC line-up, I pass!

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#12 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

It's strange that the Cougar Town cast is doing all the walk-ons on other shows (I saw the blonde chick on the last episode of Happy Endings - weird since that show might have kicked them to the curb), and then gets their episode number reduced.

She's been in the background on other shows too. She, and the kid from Cougar Town, were in the crowd of an episode of Community last year. And Abed, from Community, was in the background of a Cougar Town episode too.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#13 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Yes, the entire cast of Cougar Town will be on many shows as extras.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#14 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

TVline.com is big fans of Cougar Town and Community and has an article listing all the recent appearances of Cougar Town on other shows, with photos.

Cougar Town is one of my favorite shows, so I'm not happy it will be delayed. When it comes back, though, don't look for it to still be called Cougar Town. Even though they had fun playing with the stupid name during the show credits it's supposed to be renamed for the next season...

#15 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

Cougar Town is one of my favorite shows, so I'm not happy it will be delayed. When it comes back, though, don't look for it to still be called Cougar Town. Even though they had fun playing with the stupid name during the show credits it's supposed to be renamed for the next season...

ABC isn't letting them rename it, that's why they make fun of themselves in the opening credits. It's also what they get for picking a name that went with a story line and then dropping that story line, but I can live with it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#16 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

ABC isn't letting them rename it, that's why they make fun of themselves in the opening credits. It's also what they get for picking a name that went with a story line and then dropping that story line, but I can live with it.

I haven't read anything recent about the name change, but as of early September Bill Lawrence and company were still planning on changing the name.

http://www.tvline.co...e-for-season-3/

#17 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

I haven't read anything recent about the name change, but as of early September Bill Lawrence and company were still planning on changing the name.

http://www.tvline.co...e-for-season-3/

Last year one of the opening titles said something like "We're not allowed to be anything but Cougar Town" or "We're not allowed to change our name from Cougar Town". Then sometime last month I read an article that was an interview with Courtney Cox and she said it would still be Cougar Town per ABC's request. Apparently all the new suggested titles were denied by ABC. She wants it to be "Friends With Beverages". I guess she's still clinging on to Friends. :lol:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#18 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Last year one of the opening titles said something like "We're not allowed to be anything but Cougar Town" or "We're not allowed to change our name from Cougar Town". Then sometime last month I read an article that was an interview with Courtney Cox and she said it would still be Cougar Town per ABC's request. Apparently all the new suggested titles were denied by ABC. She wants it to be "Friends With Beverages". I guess she's still clinging on to Friends. :lol:

Yeah, I'd be OK with that! I love the title "Friends with Beverages" - it's a great take on the "with Benefits" glut of titles, so it's both funny and appropriate for this show!

Too bad ABC got cold feet on it. I guess they're worried that if they change the name people won't find it again? Oh wait, this is the same company that is delaying it's next season until who knows when...go figure!

#19 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Okay, here's the plan - tomorrow night at 8:29 pm, 7:29 central we all make absolutely positively sure no one is tuned to ABC. Whatever you do, avoid this channel at all costs - you could burn your eyes out or your brain might even explode.

Don't say you haven't been warned. ;)
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#20 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

Okay, here's the plan - tomorrow night at 8:29 pm, 7:29 central we all make absolutely positively sure no one is tuned to ABC. Whatever you do, avoid this channel at all costs - you could burn your eyes out or your brain might even explode.

Don't say you haven't been warned. ;)

I keep thinking Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis in Billy Wilder's "Some Like It Hot" (1959). Perhaps I have too high expectations?:sure:

My AV Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...