Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

922 external hard drive issue

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,854 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

That's the point - each setup is unique and the bugs would pop up unpredicted. Your case just part of the picture and is not typical.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

And now the recordings are back!

#23 OFFLINE   JeffN9

JeffN9

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

And now the recordings are back!

Sounds very similar to the next thread in this forum entitled "All recordings gone". I have to say that I have never lost any recordings, even temporarily. I now have over 400 movies/shows on two EHD's that I leave plugged into the 922 all the time. The only problem that I have had is that occasionally the 922 does not seem to recognize that the EHD's are connected. Usually a soft re-boot fixes the problem but it's been somewhat of a pain. I've tried different plug in arrangements with one or both drives and all have failed eventually with the exception of the current configuration. Right now I have one drive plugged in the back USB and one plugged into the front. So far that has remained stable for close to a month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

#24 OFFLINE   l8er

l8er

Icon

• Registered
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

. Your case just part of the picture and is not typical.

And how do you know that?
-GA

#25 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

I would say because there are probably close to 100 people who have lost recordings more than once? Have had more than one 922 in less than a years time?

I think all it would take is reading all the problems the 922 has had since day one (what 19 months?) and you would have a little compassion for the many who are more than just frustrated paying $200 and the extra $4 a month fee....and please dont forget the whole BBMP joke...wernt we going to have that by mid November????? lol

#26 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,854 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

perhaps you are not reading posts here or pretend they are not exist ...

Edited by P Smith, 30 November 2011 - 11:17 AM.
semantics

#27 OFFLINE   l8er

l8er

Icon

• Registered
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

I think all it would take is reading all the problems the 922 has had since day one (what 19 months?) ....

I have been here reading about the problems from day one. But this statement:

"That's the point - each setup is unique and the bugs would pop up unpredicted. Your case just part of the picture and is not typical."

Is trying to sound more authoritative than somebody just reading the posts about the problems. It's trying to sound like someone who knows all about the software and the bugs in the software, not just someone familiar with the 922 and its problems. And I seriously doubt that person has any inside knowledge about the software or what bugs may or may not be in the software, nor whether my case is typical or not.

The people that have problems with the 922 are the ones posting in this forum. The people that have working 922s are unlikely to be in this forum posting. To say my case is not typical, based on the postings in this forum is a bit preposterous.
-GA

#28 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

I plugged the drive into my PC to get this info and it told me it couldn't read the drive. I re-formatted it so that it could. Just to try I then plugged it back into the 922, and it recognized it!

I am now happily transferring shows to it. So I guess when I press the DVR button I have to choose whether I am looking at shows on the 922 or ones on the EHD. It is awesome it allows it in addition to the internal one. 2.5tb's should be enough.

Thanks all! All I need now is an whole home DVR equivalent and I will be all set.

Are you using the EHD only for VIP 722 or for both DVR AND laptop backup?

#29 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

That setting is not for EHDs. It was for VCRs and other supported external recording devices.

I'll double-check, but I was told that was for external hard drives too now.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...