Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Weird problem with 722

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AED55

AED55

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:53 PM

I have been intermittently receiving the "Complete signal loss" message for about the last 2 weeks and it's not weather related. The strange part is that when the message appears and I push the DVR button on the remote, I get a perfectly clear picture of the station I am on in the upper right hand corner of the initial DVR screen. If I hit cancel to leave the DVR screen, the complete signal loss is still there.

I explained the problem to DN service and the rep advised that it may be caused by a corrupted DVR recording and to try deleting my recordings one at a time to see if that corrects the problem. I was wondering if anybody had heard of this as being a fix for this type problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

Have you tried a power cord reset?

#3 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

I have been intermittently receiving the "Complete signal loss" message for about the last 2 weeks and it's not weather related. The strange part is that when the message appears and I push the DVR button on the remote, I get a perfectly clear picture of the station I am on in the upper right hand corner of the initial DVR screen. If I hit cancel to leave the DVR screen, the complete signal loss is still there.

I explained the problem to DN service and the rep advised that it may be caused by a corrupted DVR recording and to try deleting my recordings one at a time to see if that corrects the problem. I was wondering if anybody had heard of this as being a fix for this type problem.

Hi, I am sorry you are having this issue with your receiver but I do not recommend deleting recordings to correct this. A hard reset (unplugging the power cord for 10 seconds and then allowing the receiver to reboot) or even a check switch test would be the first steps and if that did not work or you would like further assistance, please PM me directly. Thank you!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

#4 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

Might be the LNB drift problem.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,712 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

[Last days seen a lot of complains about 722 model here - should be tossed ?]

#6 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Do you have an OTA antenna hooked up? If so you are probably loosing signal on your OTA channel, which pops up the banner even if you're not watching it. This frustrated the crap out of me until I figured out what it was on my receiver. Why the receiver can't figure out that you're watching the sat feed and not the antenna feed baffles me - what makes it worse is it pops up the generic signal loss screen making you think something is wrong with the sat signal even though nothing is.

Anyway, to workaround, switch to a really strong antenna station, then switch back to the sat channel you want to watch. There really needs to be a firmware update to eliminate this - can DIRT please pass this along??

spam firewall