Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My new 722 not so good

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

It's been just over a week since I have upgraded from the 622 to a 722. I'm on my 2nd 722 in that week period. Now I am noticing more problems with the replacement unit. Audio dropouts and pixelation problems are ongoing. I have checked my signal when the pixelation happens and it seems to be fine (~70). I have done a hard reset which hasn't helped and I have tightened all of the coax connections at the back of the receiver, they were left very loose by the Dish install technician.

The thing that I am noticing is that the pixelation seems to happen quite often after a show starts up just after a commercial.

Anyone have any insight on this type of problem with the 722?
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

Location - Mt. WhereinthehellamI? So. Utah

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with pixelation. Is it occurring on all channels or a select few? I can setup to have a tech come out and check your installation. Would you PM your account information to me so I can assist you further. Thanks.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with pixelation. Is it occurring on all channels or a select few? I can setup to have a tech come out and check your installation. Would you PM your account information to me so I can assist you further. Thanks.

Dish is making a service call tomorrow. They claim they are sending a "supervisor".
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

#4 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

Try a little troubleshooting before the "supervisor" arrives.

Find a channel that is pixellating, record the signal strength AND the satellite that it is coming from.

Do this for all the pixellating channels and note also those that are not pixellating (if any).

You may discover that they are all from the same satellite (bad lnb) or that all of the channels are pixellating (bad receiver - may be a software issue).

Good luck with find ing the problem.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#5 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

I've had the same problems, sometimes sever, and sent videos of the issues to the DIRTeam that caused a unit swap and they were still there on the new unit.

I have read in the forums that there others that are having similar issues and cite compression and transmission issues. I'm noticing more and more everyday. But the VOD downloads are gorgeous. Too bad not a lot of current fare.

#6 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

Try a little troubleshooting before the "supervisor" arrives.

Find a channel that is pixellating, record the signal strength AND the satellite that it is coming from.

Do this for all the pixellating channels and note also those that are not pixellating (if any).

You may discover that they are all from the same satellite (bad lnb) or that all of the channels are pixellating (bad receiver - may be a software issue).

Good luck with find ing the problem.

I have about 12 recordings for the tech when he gets here. All three lnb's were changed out a couple of months ago as well as new coax connectors. This receiver has been in use for about a week. I'm thinking the problem is the receiver or software.
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

#7 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

Had another service call yesterday about the pixelating problem. Now we have a new dish, I think it's called a 1000 and it has been relocated about 10 feet west. The tech claimed that the dish signal was receiving interference from my microwave internet signal.
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

Protected By... spam firewall...And...