Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Muppet Movie (2011)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

In just a few short words: FANTASTIC!!!

I had high hopes for the movie, as I loved the original (have the soundtrack CD). I loved the original TV Show... Have always liked watching the new attempts at another muppet movie.

Jim Henson has to be sitting up there with a MONSTER smile on his face, to see his beloved original characters come back to the modern movie screen in such a great way.

The movie had a great balance of what made the original Muppet Movie so good. They had the one-liners that they KNEW they were in a movie. They made fun of themselves, them made fun of the typical antics of the movie.

And a lot of places where you were ready for a predictable punchline or event... didn't happen.

A lot of great cameos through out the movie.
A lot of great references to the original movie.

The new Muppet character fits right in.
The storyline was great.

Animal was awsome... "In Control...."

Rainbow Connection was perferct.... Mananah to finish off the movie...

Highly enjoyable. My 10yr laughed out loud many times. My 3yr old was also entertained... and this 38 year old jumped back in time and remember seeing the original the first time.

Great Great Family Movie... worth the $50 it cost to go. (Yes for a 10:30am show... 2 Adult, 2 Kids, Popcorn, 1 Drink, and an Icee... $50)... but I am glad that I did.

Can't wait for the BluRay to see the xtras.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

I am SO looking forward to this one. I don't see movies in the theatre when I plan on buying it... saves me the $25 in tickets.

I'm really glad you liked it because I know you're a big fan of the original, as I am.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,112 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:53 AM

The original Muppet Movie is one of my all time favorites (I don't normally admit in public though). I have seen it countless times and probably know just about every line from the movie. Every 'muppet' movie after that has been a major disappointment to me so I am a little reserved about this one. I like what I have seen so far in the previews and all the acclaim for this picture puts it is at the top of my rental list when it makes it's way to PPV or one of the kiosks.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

The original Muppet Movie is one of my all time favorites (I don't normally admit in public though). I have seen it countless times and probably know just about every line from the movie. Every 'muppet' movie after that has been a major disappointment to me so I am a little reserved about this one. I like what I have seen so far in the previews and all the acclaim for this picture puts it is at the top of my rental list when it makes it's way to PPV or one of the kiosks.

Between the Original, Caper, and Manhatten... I've probably seen them combined no less then 100 times.

The new movie was a blast, and definently was worthy of the money for the theater... and I will be getting what ever special edition comes out on Blu-Ray for it when it is released.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,351 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

I'm not sure any Muppet movie can compare to the original, but this one certainly is on my list of things to do over the next week.

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,351 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:26 AM

We saw it last night, great movie, though the best parts were the pieces from the show. The intro brought back a lot of memories, and Camilla's routine was hilarious.

#7 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

Yup, I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. It started off a little slowly, but once the all got back together it was really quite good.

#8 OFFLINE   mavs-fan

mavs-fan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

The new Muppet movie was indeed great. It comes as close as possible to capturing the spirit of the characters since Jim Henson was alive.

Here's my favorite Muppet site, Muppet Central. They have a great forum (like this one) and even an on-line Muppet radio station.

http://www.muppetcentral.com

#9 OFFLINE   Jesse11

Jesse11

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

The new Muppet movie was indeed great. It comes as close as possible to capturing the spirit of the characters since Jim Henson was alive.

Here's my favorite Muppet site, Muppet Central. They have a great forum (like this one) and even an on-line Muppet radio station.

I'm also glad you like the characters - Jim Henson as i am, fortunately i see the moive last night, a fine performance.
Be a friend to everyone,never know when you may need their help

#10 OFFLINE   jbhsv

jbhsv

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

So the question is, do I see it in theaters or wait to buy bluray.?

#11 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

For what it's worth - we're doing both. While on vacation, we saw the movie in a nice theater and I'm planning on buying the Blu-Ray

#12 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

So the question is, do I see it in theaters or wait to buy bluray.?

For just me, I would do neither. While I thoroughly enjoyed it, it wasn't worth either movie theaters prices or the cost to own. I would just catch it on HBO/Starz/Showtime/etc.

However, for my kids going to the movies is a serious treat, so it was well worth taking the whole family to see it.

#13 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

For just me, I would do neither. While I thoroughly enjoyed it, it wasn't worth either movie theaters prices or the cost to own. I would just catch it on HBO/Starz/Showtime/etc.

However, for my kids going to the movies is a serious treat, so it was well worth taking the whole family to see it.

$16 ish for the Blu-Ray on release week, well worth it...
(That is what I paid this week for Kung Fu Panda 2)

Given the volume of times it will probably be watched by my kids, and myself over time.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

spam firewall