Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBA League Pass

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

This is the only one of the major 4 leagues I can see my favorite team play nearly every night on my local RSN. I can watch the Magic. I'm not paying.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 891 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

I was hoping to see a nice discount from the NBA, but in truth it actually cost more this year than it did last year. I dropped my NBALP and won't be renewing.

#43 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

$99 and I'd bite. No interest in haggling down to $119. NBA just isn't worth it and I have a better team to watch here (Grizzlies) than my team (Pistons).

#44 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

The only month I get a strong urge to buy is in Feb when football season is over and before spring training. I get the Suns, NBA.tv, TNT and ESPN games. That will be plenty. I've been a die-hard Warriors fan, but, aside from one season, they haven't been worth watching for a long time.

#45 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

LOL now NBA has changed it's smaller package of nba league pass online.

last year they started with giving you 7 teams at a cheaper rate. Now they dropped that to 5.

broadband offer only.

5 teams for 109.00

vs

all teams for 169

I think the 169 is really misleading to alot of other people.

The same price can get you Tv broadband and mobile.

#46 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

will there be more HD in league pass this year like how NHL CI has more this year?

Cox Sports Television HD?
CSN Philly HD / TCN Philly HD?
CSNNW HD?
Rogers sports net HD?
Rogers sports net one HD?
TSN HD?
TSN 2 HD?
NBA TV Canada HD?
WUIC HD?
WGN 9 HD (for the games not on wgn america)
WGN America HD remap? (was missing from MLB EI last year)
WMYT-TV HD do they still have games?
WDCW HD?
KGW HD?
KCAL-TV HD?
do any of one under this still show games?
KTXA HD?
KTXH HD?
KMYS HD?
KENS HD?
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#47 OFFLINE   mkharsh33

mkharsh33

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

I just got off the phone with DirecTv. Told the lady (who was VERY polite) that I was going to cancel my League Pass subscription this year. Explained that the season has been reduced (of which she was *aware* of) but that the price didn't significantly decrease (of which she agreed).

- she offered me $5 off for the 6 months of payments. I politely refused.

- she then reviewed my history, seeing that I'm a 4 year subscriber and that we've always paid our bill on time, and that I've subscribed to other sports packages in the past.

- she then noticed I was on "AUTO-PAY" and told me to hold on a second. She came back and countered with an offer I couldn't refuse: 24 months of FREE HD access - which is a $10 a month fee. So over the next 2 years I'm getting a reduction in my bill of $240.

So, I'm getting NBA League Pass basically for free (early bird price of $159 - 6 payments of $26.50). When you do the math I came out ahead by $81 just for calling.

A happy DirecTv subscriber who got a great deal today just by picking up the phone, knowing a few facts, paying my bill, and being polite. :)

#48 OFFLINE   cforrest

cforrest

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

I just got off the phone with DirecTv. Told the lady (who was VERY polite) that I was going to cancel my League Pass subscription this year. Explained that the season has been reduced (of which she was *aware* of) but that the price didn't significantly decrease (of which she agreed).

- she offered me $5 off for the 6 months of payments. I politely refused.

- she then reviewed my history, seeing that I'm a 4 year subscriber and that we've always paid our bill on time, and that I've subscribed to other sports packages in the past.

- she then noticed I was on "AUTO-PAY" and told me to hold on a second. She came back and countered with an offer I couldn't refuse: 24 months of FREE HD access - which is a $10 a month fee. So over the next 2 years I'm getting a reduction in my bill of $240.

So, I'm getting NBA League Pass basically for free (early bird price of $159 - 6 payments of $26.50). When you do the math I came out ahead by $81 just for calling.

A happy DirecTv subscriber who got a great deal today just by picking up the phone, knowing a few facts, paying my bill, and being polite. :)

If you were on Auto-Pay you should have gotten the 24 month HD Access credit, all you needed to do was call up and have them notate the account. I and many others have this, there is a thread on this as well:

http://www.dbstalk.c...t=access credit

Happy you are finally getting your HD Access for free for 24 months, enjoy it!

D* Setup:

Slimline (AU9-S) w/no multiswitch
(1) HR21-100 0x87F (7/8/08 Made in Mexico) via HDMI to Pioneer PDP-6020FD
(1) HR24-100 0x87F (11/9/10 Made in Thailand) via HDMI to Panasonic TC-P58S2

FIOS 150/150

#49 OFFLINE   mkharsh33

mkharsh33

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

If you were on Auto-Pay you should have gotten the 24 month HD Access credit, all you needed to do was call up and have them notate the account. I and many others have this, there is a thread on this as well:

Happy you are finally getting your HD Access for free for 24 months, enjoy it!

Thanks for the links on this... I did not know that. I've done auto-pay since I've been with DirecTv. I'm going to make another phone call on League Pass and see if they'll work with me even a bit more on this. Appreciate it!

#50 OFFLINE   Maleman

Maleman

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

This thread is only a small sample size but I think a good indication of the lack of interest in the NBA and NBA league pass at their price. Hardly anyone replying or commenting. I'm one of them as I've always had league pass for the last few years.
Panasonic TCP58VT25
HR22/100
Yamaha RX-A800
Definitive Research Pro 1000/2000 Center channel
SVS Sub
Panasonic 3D /Bluray player
PS3/Xbox/Wii

#51 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Just to let others know. Those who have auto renew only on this package will receive it at 159 or 6 payments of 26.50. Which is a little bit better than what the price is for those who didn't auto renew and are stuck with that 169.

#52 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

Cancelled today, no special pricing offer to keep me subbin' either. They did ask why I was cancelling after all these years, just told them the price is too much for me.

It would be interesting to see the actual subscriber list for all providers. I'm sure there will be a few less this year.

#53 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

Just to let others know. Those who have auto renew only on this package will receive it at 159 or 6 payments of 26.50. Which is a little bit better than what the price is for those who didn't auto renew and are stuck with that 169.

$10 whole dollars, how nice of them.

#54 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'll be cancelling. I'm a huge Celtics fan in NY, but can't justify paying the full price for a partial season. I am not going to reward the NBA.

I'll just catch as many of the national games as I can (and when they play the Knicks or Nets).

#55 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

I'll be cancelling. I'm a huge Celtics fan in NY, but can't justify paying the full price for a partial season. I am not going to reward the NBA.

I'll just catch as many of the national games as I can (and when they play the Knicks or Nets).

The NBA pulled a NFL off with this stuff I mean comeon at least give the customers half price or hell a mix channel.

#56 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

The ten dollars brings it to about 82 percent of what the auto renew price was for those of us who were set up with auto renew. The 169 is likely 80 percent of what those who were going to buy it when the full season offer would take affect, if a full season of 82 games was played.

$10 whole dollars, how nice of them.

#57 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,964 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

I'll be cancelling. I'm a huge Celtics fan ...

You're such a good guy, but your team preference is again so bad. :lol:

Lakers!
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#58 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

Yesterday, first night of preseason and of course basketball.

Not bad, It was a pretty good night, probably the Bulls Pacers was really compeititve.

Also for what its worth Cavs Pistons looked good to. Also NBA TV, used the FS detroit telecast.

Only blowout was the Sixers 105 wizards 78.

#59 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

I was surprised last night that the Sixers Wizard game was on with the free preview.Possibly because it was exhibition game yes it was Washington CSN feed but, both teams were sharing the feed.I'll being checking this out at the start of the Sixers season on 12/26 if that game becomes available to me and not blacked out .This would be interesting even if it is only the other teams feed as mentioned a while ago I could live with that .This could be a anomaly or possibly a chance to see home team if league pass is purchased and left open .I doubt this is the case but, it was a nice thought.

#60 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

I was surprised last night that the Sixers Wizard game was on with the free preview.Possibly because it was exhibition game yes it was Washington CSN feed but, both teams were sharing the feed.I'll being checking this out at the start of the Sixers season on 12/26 if that game becomes available to me and not blacked out .This would be interesting even if it is only the other teams feed as mentioned a while ago I could live with that .This could be a anomaly or possibly a chance to see home team if league pass is purchased and left open .I doubt this is the case but, it was a nice thought.

For the Bulls Pacers game the FSN feed as open to people in the Chicago area.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...