Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBA League Pass

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

The NBA did manage to black out the Pistons game on Fox Sports Detroit. Heaven forbid I want to watch a game without their massive annoying scoreline covering the bottom quarter of the screen.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

You needed to turn to NBA TV for that game last night. Same rules apply to the preseason that do to the regular season in the NBA.

The NBA did manage to black out the Pistons game on Fox Sports Detroit. Heaven forbid I want to watch a game without their massive annoying scoreline covering the bottom quarter of the screen.

#63 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

You needed to turn to NBA TV for that game last night. Same rules apply to the preseason that do to the regular season in the NBA.

I get it. It's stupid.

#64 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

NBA TV was blacked out in Cleveland. Needless to say it was in the clear in Cleveland on FSN Ohio....in SD.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#65 OFFLINE   DMKing12370

DMKing12370

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:40 AM

NBA TV was blacked out in Cleveland. Needless to say it was in the clear in Cleveland on FSN Ohio....in SD.

That must have been a decision on DirecTV's part.

I currently have Crime Warner Cable, and Friday's game was broadcast in HD. FSN's signal has been broadcast HD full time for about a month now. In fact, up to this past Friday, Crime Warner had both FSN feeds full time.

#66 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 845 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

Do the owners own the arena? No. Do the owners keep all revenue associated with said arena? No. Are those games the only thing that happens in that arena? Probably not. They RENT the building or stadium as a tenant. I've never understood why people think owners should pay for an arena the city can use for many other purposes other than a sports teams games and those teams probably see not a dime or the majority of that income.

Let's look at the Cincinnati Bengals:

1. Do the Bengals own Paul Brown Stadium?
No. The taxpayers of Hamilton County own it.

2. Do the Bengals keep all stadium revenue?
Yes. Under the lease agreement that the Hamilton County Commissioners agreed to, the Bengals keep all stadium revenue.

3. Are Bengals games all that take place at PBS?
No. But the Bengals must approve all events, any fees charged for stadium use goes to the Bengals and any revenue generated during the event goes to the Bengals.

4. Do the Bengals pay rent?
No.

5. Do the Bengals pay for stadium maintenance or upgrades?
No. Cleaning and game day preparations are paid by the team. Everything else, including snow removal in the off season is paid for by the tax payers of Hamilton County.

Your failure to understand aside, a great many of these taxpayer funded venues aren't available for use by the community and few if any actually generate revenue for the taxing authority. While pro teams and events can boost the local economy, when you look at Cincinnati that boost in no way covers the nut to build and maintain the stadium.

And when voters get upset at the politicians that agree to such ridiculous lease agreements and vote them out of office, the team hires them in to made up positions paying real money for little work actually done. I'm looking at you Bob Bedinghaus.

#67 OFFLINE   jtrain73

jtrain73

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

And now for an actual NBA LP question or two...

Noticed that during the pre-season it seems to be the home team broadcast only. Does regular season give both home and away broadcasts?

Also has anyone successfully linked their DirecTV account to activate the online version of NBA LP?

#68 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

I am unable to get local NBA games here because of the Cox Cable contract with the Hornets....yippie

I frankly dont care about the NBA enough to warrant getting this package

The only other non-Hornets games that I am interested in are usually on ESPN or TNT

#69 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

man i envy you guys, i wish i had never left directv for verizon fios ,but i missed tivo so much that i switched!,problem is verizon doesnt carry preseason nba games like directv does!. And to make things worse they dont carry all the league pass games in HD!!!!:nono2:

#70 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

UPDATE! i just found an email i got from verizon saying my nba league pass would be lowered to $121.00 this year from$179.00 on verizon fios,so i'm cool with that! I would think directv would be offering the same price, anyway good luck to all my friends at directv andmay you have a merry christmas and happy new year!:hurah:

#71 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,720 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

UPDATE! i just found an email i got from verizon saying my nba league pass would be lowered to $121.00 this year from$179.00 on verizon fios,so i'm cool with that! I would think directv would be offering the same price, anyway good luck to all my friends at directv andmay you have a merry christmas and happy new year!:hurah:

Does FIOS offer both home and away feeds of each game?
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#72 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

Just called to cancel the autorenew because the real NBA fan in my household died last spring (my mother-in-law.) The CSR told me that due to the lockout there was no autorenew this year, but I doubt that is true.

Also, my son-in-law in Kentucky signed up for the $13 sports channel package, thinking he will be able to see almost all the Lakers games that way. That's not gonna happen, is it?

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#73 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

Also, my son-in-law in Kentucky signed up for the $13 sports channel package, thinking he will be able to see almost all the Lakers games that way. That's not gonna happen, is it?

Nope.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#74 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

In reply to gpe verizon does have some home and away dual feeds for some games but not ALL THE GAMES! on top of that the home feed might be in standard definition and the away feed in high definition! so i had to decide if i wanted to watch the game in high definition with the other teams announcers, or in standard definition with my celtics announcers which is what i did! verizon also replays the games 2 more times the same night just in case you forgot to set your dvr! at least they did last year, and i assume they will again this year!

#75 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,720 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

Thanks celticpride. I guess that explains some of the price difference.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#76 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

During the Miami/Dallas game today, one of the announcers was calling out DirecTV for not offering a discount on the NBA package. He went on about it at some length. Good times.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#77 OFFLINE   Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:49 PM

League Pass is probably the one sports package I will always get, so D* owns me in this area. I would have liked to see a discount, not just because there are fewer games, but also because there are fewer days in the season. Not only do we have fewer games to see this season, but we will be able to see fewer of those that are available because they are stacked on top of each other, forcing some games to be ignored or partially watched.

I used to have Cox and their offering of League Pass was pretty abysmal (ZERO games in HD), but the one saving grace was that they replayed all the games several times throughout the evening and into the next day. Not having that option with D* and having virtually every night packed with games means there will be a lot of basketball missed this year.

Go Spurs, go!

#78 OFFLINE   bonscott

bonscott

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

I had league pass last year and it did not come up on my bill this year. When I look at my account it says its active with no amount due. If they are going to charge me on next months bill I dont know how much it will be. Or maybe its a mistake.

#79 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,618 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

indemand has a free preview for 12/25 to 1/8

DirecTV is also having a free preview 12/25>01/08. I tuned in last night and was greeted by the not subscribed message.

#80 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

DirecTV is also having a free preview 12/25>01/08. I tuned in last night and was greeted by the not subscribed message.

On all games? Try resending authorization at www.directv.com/resend
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...