Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBA League Pass

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   gpadgett

gpadgett

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

I cancelled my auto renew on December 24. It showed up on my account on that day. Apparently, the "season" began December 25 and thus any auto renew customer could not "cancel" after that (since the season had already begun.) I complained that there was literally no notice about this and I also complained about the price, but the CSR simply cancelled the auto renew, said there were no possible discounts, and did not even attempt to talk me into keeping the League Pass. Very strange.

I hate to lose it, but I think the price is unfair for the reasons others have stated...reduced season, fewer chances to watch games that are stacked more than they would have been, and no ability to watch replays on DTV. The fact that they are "giving you" broadband and mobile is a non-starter for me. Give me a discount on the TV package and I will gladly not use the broadband and mobile apps.

Huge disappointment...but most likely the NBA's fault.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

League Pass is probably the one sports package I will always get, so D* owns me in this area. I would have liked to see a discount, not just because there are fewer games, but also because there are fewer days in the season. Not only do we have fewer games to see this season, but we will be able to see fewer of those that are available because they are stacked on top of each other, forcing some games to be ignored or partially watched.

I used to have Cox and their offering of League Pass was pretty abysmal (ZERO games in HD), but the one saving grace was that they replayed all the games several times throughout the evening and into the next day. Not having that option with D* and having virtually every night packed with games means there will be a lot of basketball missed this year.

Go Spurs, go!

did you call, or try to get some kind of cheaper rate? so far the best I was able to get was 119.

#83 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

guys, i hate the new FSN basketball graphics. the ticker they now spell the full name of the city of each team. as if it wasnt in the way b4, now its even worse.

so when a long city team plays like Sacramento, Philadelphia, New Orleans, it will stink.

all this time they usually just use the first 3 letters of the city

#84 OFFLINE   Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

did you call, or try to get some kind of cheaper rate? so far the best I was able to get was 119.

I tried 3 different times and was stonewalled each time. I should have kept plugging away. :(

#85 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

Even at $119. I don't think Id buy.

#86 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

Off topic watching the Suns telecast tonight and their announcers are awful.

#87 OFFLINE   Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

What's worse is we don't even get the replays that are shown on the RSN's. I pay for league pass and pay for the sports pack, but I still have no choice but to use a tuner to watch a game live or record it, because replays (such as the Clippers/Spurs on PrimeTicket) are blacked out.

Some of these policies the leagues have are absurd.

#88 OFFLINE   MrMars

MrMars

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

What's worse is we don't even get the replays that are shown on the RSN's. I pay for league pass and pay for the sports pack, but I still have no choice but to use a tuner to watch a game live or record it, because replays (such as the Clippers/Spurs on PrimeTicket) are blacked out.

I don't believe it is the NBA, they let Indemand show replays of all the games in a loop on their NBA LP channels. (The game repeats over and over every 3 hours after the game).

#89 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

The one good think about League Pass is you get the broadband package that gives you access to replays, except in your home market. The NHL and MLB packages at least allow you to watch even your home team a few hours later (in the case of MLB) or 48 hours (NHL).

#90 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Well, I am now convinced that the auto-renewal is a scam. I have called three times to cancel and was assured it would not renew. Today's bill shows that the service was not cancelled. Had I not spotted it before 1/8, I would have had a hell of a time getting it turned off. Sugar coat it any way you want, but this billing system is crooked.

#91 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

Well, I am now convinced that the auto-renewal is a scam. I have called three times to cancel and was assured it would not renew. Today's bill shows that the service was not cancelled. Had I not spotted it before 1/8, I would have had a hell of a time getting it turned off. Sugar coat it any way you want, but this billing system is crooked.

Yup. I called retention about 3 months ago because I cancelled my auto-renew of CI and LP back when I got a deal on Sunday Ticket and even going through retention then they didn't cancel auto-renew. When I called the 2nd time they saw notation that I had cancelled it but it was not cancelled in the system.

Typically convenient that the billing system errors on the side of charging the customer more money.

#92 OFFLINE   IndioinHD

IndioinHD

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

I tried 3 different times and was stonewalled each time. I should have kept plugging away. :(

I just called retention and asked for a better deal on LP or said I would cancel, csr gave me a $20 service credit for 12 months which makes it free and then some, keep calling there are perks they can offer.

#93 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

When will the half-season pricing kick in? I want to sub so I can watch my Twolves but I don't want to pay full price for almost half the season being over already.
If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
PSN: Araxen - Xbox: Gamertag: Araxen II - Steam: Araxen - WiiU: Araxen

#94 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

When will the half-season pricing kick in? I want to sub so I can watch my Twolves but I don't want to pay full price for almost half the season being over already.

I'm assuming half season pricing would be after the All Star Game and I think there would be one more free preview.

#95 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,459 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

2012-13 season is now available to order!!!

$179.94 in full or 6 payments of $29.99

http://www.directv.c...tent/sports/nba

#96 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

cool, usually they start taking it usually starting oct 1, but now they have it broken down in 6 payments vs 4.

I just ordered, i did the 1 payment and its paid in full and set for the year.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#97 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

do they let you pay with credit card for the year? or do they get that all at once when you pay your monthly bill?

#98 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

do they let you pay with credit card for the year? or do they get that all at once when you pay your monthly bill?

You can do either one.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#99 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Guys, my nba league pass channels are on and is active. I didn't know they did preseason or if they are starting to now.

But NBA LP starts 10/12 with 3 games. Now I'm on FIOS now, so it should be the same accross all.

#100 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Oh NBA preseason is on NBA TV tonight memphis vs chicago

Protected By... spam firewall...And...