Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TNT Mystery Movies - Starting 11/29

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

TNT will beging airing a series of 2-hour Mystery Movies based on best selling mystery novels on Tuesday, November 29th. First up is Scott Turow's Innocent, featuring Bill Pullman and Marcia Gay Harden.

More info and video previews on the TNT Mystery Movie Night website
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

I have Tuesday and Wednesday already set to record. I mentioned this back in September when there was a big article that Catherine Bell would star in one of the movies. TNT is hoping a couple of the movies spin off into series.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 620 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

I have major time conflicts on Tuesdays. Fortunately they repeat several times throughout the week.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#4 OFFLINE   speedcouch

speedcouch

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

I watched the Scott Turow movie and it was done well, but the John Sandford one was WAY too campy for me! I read one of his books a long time ago and didn't like his style, so I'm assuming they tried to stay true to it with the movie, but it still wasn't that great. Mark Harmon was good, but the lawyer and the husband of the first murdered woman seemed like cartoon characters to me.

Recorded Richochet last night and will watch it today. I've read that book, but don't remember much about it. It's too bad a lot of murder mysteries just don't translate well to movies. At least not TV movies...

Cheryl
Samsung HL-T5089S
Samsung LN32A550
Two HR20-100s
HR10-250
Panasonic DMR-E30S DVD Recorder
DirecTV since Aug 1995
Kenwood Home Theater VR-7060
Four JBL S310 II Speakers
JBL S Center II
XM Radio since May 2004

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

I haven't watched the Mark Harmon one yet. I thought the Turow one was really boring until the second hour. I almost stopped and deleted it. But I had nothing else to watch so I left it on. I had read the book years ago and didn't remember the ending as the same as they showed.

I love Sandra Brown novels and also read Riccochet years ago. Fortunately, I don't remember it at all, so hopefully it is good. I can't wait until the Catherine Bell movie.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

spam firewall